27th April 2015, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Does the companies coming for campus placements consider the marks which I have scored in 12th standard?

Sir/Mam,

I want to know that do companies prefer class xii board result or the 4 years CGPA of b.tech at the time of placement and also when i take job in any companies?? Plz answer as early as possible. I am just confused whether they will really look for it or only graduation marks is enough?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to have 60% marks to sit in companies placement? I've secured 57.16% marks in PU
  2. Is it necessary to have 60% throughout academics to get job in companies? Any companies which dont ask for 10th or 12th marks?
  3. Am I eligible for campus placements with 4 backlogs?
  4. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  5. What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?
  6. Job opportunity in DLF for a candidate secured 68%, 59% and 70% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  7. Procedure to get job in Wipro for B.Tech(ECE) student?
  8. How the core companies select the freshers? What are the steps to be followed? How to know about the off campus placements?
  9. How to register for IIT JEE aptitude test?
  10. Should I go for Engineering course having scored 40% in 10th and 75% in 12th Class? Will this low percentage of marks effect my Placements?
  11. How to apply for off campus placements in Infosys, Accenture and other IT companies?
  12. Not eligible for any campus interview due to 12th marks. What can be done and how to approach the companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. IT companies on-campus hiring B.Sc students with 58% marks and 60% marks in 10th and 12th standard?
  14. Am I eligible for placements after scoring 58% in 12th? List of companies which will consider only B.E marks?
  15. Eligibility criteria for placements in Software companies? What should I answer the interviewers when they question me about my low marks in class 12th?
  16. Am I eligible to attend MNC campus placements with less than 60% marks in 12th and 70% in diploma?
  17. Jobs in private sector for people with disability?
  18. For which Companies I can apply for Job Placements being a candidate having scored 79% in 10th, 43% in 12th and 60% in BE course?
27th April 2015, 08:08 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does the companies coming for campus placements consider the marks which I have scored in 12th standard?

Yes, Companies consider the marks secured in 12th Class also along with the marks secured in Graduation. Don't think that companies consider the marks secured only in Graduation to be eligible for getting job. Generally IT companies ask candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks or above throughout their academics. i.e., Candidate must have secured minimum,

60% marks and above - In 10th Class

60% marks and above - In 12th Class

60% marks and above - In Graduation (B.E/ B.Tech)

General minimum percentage required is just 60% marks or above, but the percentage criteria required varies from company to company. So make sure you secured minimum 60% throughout academics in order to be eligible for IT Companies selection Process. Some of the companies insist candidate should have minimum 70% marks to be eligible for attending campus recruitment selection process.
27th April 2015, 11:08 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does the companies coming for campus placements consider the marks which I have scored in 12th standard?

Yes, the companies coming for campus placement consider the marks which you have scored in the 12th standard along with the CGPA of B.Tech in the entire four years. The companies coming from campus placement or in any off-campus recruitment, any company will consider scores in the entire career of a student which means your scores in 10th, 12th and B.Tech will be considered for your eligibility in the concerned company. All the scores will be verified at the time of joining in the concerned company wherein you need to show the original documents.
27th April 2015, 01:21 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. They will definitely consider your 10th, 12th and graduation. Don't think that they won't consider 10th and 12th marks. 10th and 12th Marks are mandatory to apply for campus placements. If you are secured less than 60% marks in 10th and 12th, then definitely you are ineligible to apply for campus placements. If you are secured 80% marks and above marks in aggregate in graduation they won't consider without securing 60% marks in 10th and 12th.

-You should have passed B.E / B.Tech from a reputed institution or equivalent qualification.
-You must have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% marks and above marks in 10th, 12th and graduation.
-No standing arrears are allowed.
-Maximum of one or two years of gap in studies are acceptable with valid reason.

This is the normal pattern of eligibility criteria to apply for campus placements. TCS, Accenture and Wipro are asking minimum 60% marks in throughout the career. IBM, SAP and Microsoft asking 70% marks in throughout the career. Infosys and CTS asking 65% marks in through the career. The percentage differs company to company. Minimum they are asking 60% marks in throughout career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?