27th September 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for software job interviews as i am a very shy person?

I am a B.Tech student from EC branch named Kavita. I have secured 76.3% as an aggregate of six sem. I have knowledge about software languages like C,C ,core java. My faculty and classmates considers me as a very responsible and honest child. But they also say that due to shy nature, I am not able to present myself. I took many steps to improve it but not able to improve well.
Now when i am preparing for interviews, i am nervous/scared of missing the opportunities due to my nature.
please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28th September 2015, 08:58 AM
shushma143

Default Re: How to prepare for software job interviews as i am a very shy person?

Hello friend...

The best practice you can do is to talk with your friends in English who can speak English well and your shy felling also forgotten.

If you have any English skills Please follow below

You should speak in English with your teachers also.Watch English TV news channel like NDTV,Times Now..Read English newspapers.If you can follow these you can see the result within 2 weeks.You must keep on practicing these things so as to ensure your English gets better.
28th September 2015, 09:49 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for software job interviews as i am a very shy person?

You need to get rid of your nervousness to get a good job. You have good track record so there is no need to fear and get nervous. You need to undertake the following activities to get rid of your nervousness.

- Interact more with people.
- Participate in group activities in your college.
- Have group discussion as a practice with your friends.
- Talk to yourself looking at a mirror.
- Get more and more experience of the situation in which you feel nervous, like ask your friend or a teacher to take your interview. With good efforts, you will get rid of your nervousness soon.
1st October 2015, 12:28 AM
rituja mukherjee

Hello,

If you cannot express yourself in any interview on the pretext that you are shy, then it wont fetch you any added advantage, rather it would be counted as a negative point. There is no need to change yourself over night, that is infact not possible. But you have to keep this in mind, that if you fail to express yourself then no one can help you. That doesnot mean that you have to start speaking too much. You have to use it in a positive way that even if you speak less, it should be crisp. Short yet crispy answers will easily attract the attention of the recruiters. You have to build in confidence in yourself so that it can take you a long way. Half the battle is won, if you have confidence in yourself. Prepare yourself in such a way so that you can deliver short and crisp answers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?