24th September 2016, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get software job if done MCA in 2007?

I completed my MCA in 2007, after that I got married. Husband was in medical field. Now I want a software job. Is it possible to get a job. Which course I need to learn?

24th September 2016, 11:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get software job if done MCA in 2007?

Yes, it is possible to get a Software job even if you have done MCA course in 2007. To get a Software job, you need to learn computer languages like JAVA, .NET, etc.,. You need to have good communication skills along with subject knowledge to get a software job. If you are good at JAVA/ .NET or any other programming then, definitely you can get a software job in top MNC companies.
25th September 2016, 12:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It has been quite a long time since your PG course, normally with the qualification you posses, you could very much get a good job in a respected organization had you applied for the post then. However, you might avail a job post in any good organization if you have any work experience, otherwise it is not quite possible to avail a good job post.

You need not learn any course, just go through your old study books and practical works and refresh your knowledge as it will be very much required during interview sessions and I am sure you will be very much able to crack the interview and avail the job.
25th September 2016, 01:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my MCA in 2007, after that I got married. Husband was in medical field. Now I want a software job. Is it possible to get a job. Which course I need to learn?
No, you are not eligible for software jobs because your criteria is fulfill for software jobs.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for software companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for software companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for software companies recruitment.
25th September 2016, 06:16 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is difficult to get a job based on your MCA course since you had passed in the year 2007 and do not have any work experience. However, it is not impossible to get a job. You can start freelancing. Apart from this, you can also pursue additional short term course like SAP, Hadoop, Tableau, Networking, etc. and get employment opportunity which can be initially contractual and later you can get permanent job opportunity. Later on you can also switch to better job opportunities.
25th September 2016, 10:50 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as you have completed your MCA course in 2007, so there is no problem in getting a software job now except the year gap. However, you may give a try and start applying for jobs by submitting your resume in different companies. I hope you will get a positive reply soon. But keep one thing in mind that you apply within the age of 40 years because, after that it would be a bit difficult for you to get jobs.

After MCA you can pursue the following courses, so that you can get a better job in software field:

* NET.

* ORACLE.

* Visual Basic.

* Java.

* C, C++.

* Tally,etc.
30th September 2016, 11:23 PM
Sam James

Arrow Re: Is it possible to get software job if done MCA in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since you have completed MCA you may not need to go for another academic course. But rather you can go for certification courses. The 10 year gap that has been occurred is very large enough for companies not to recruit you, unless you prove your edge or mettle in the IT skills.

To brush your old coding skills you may take up certification courses in the required field of interest. Do projects in the same and become a master in the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?