21st March 2017, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join merchant navy as an officer

Hey, this is Dipansh from Ratlam. Actually, now I am studying in 10th class. I want to join merchant navy means, I am very desperate to join it as an officer. What would be best for me to do after 10th. Please reply, I can do anything for it?

6th April 2017, 10:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join merchant navy as an officer

For joining merchant navy as an officer, you need to study B.Sc nautical science or B.Tech marine engineering from a reputed institute. Also, you need to undergo necessary training before selection.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and physical fitness test. You must have excellent eyesight with good physical fitness to join this industry.
8th April 2017, 12:21 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join merchant navy as an officer

In order join Merchant Navy as an Officer, you are required to follow a certain procedure. Here is the basic educational qualification required and eligibility criteria that is to be followed.

>> You must have completed "Minimum Graduation or Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are presently studying 10th Class, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join as an Officer in Merchant Navy.

>> You are required to appear in Combined Defence Services (CDS) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?