28th January 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Salary after 6 months Pre-Sea rating in General purpose rating? Will I job be permanent?

sir i want to join merchant navy after 10th in 6 month pre-sea course for general purpose rating. and i want to know about my salary after training and is i regularly get job/duty in merchant navy. that in merchant we have to work only for 6 months on ship and rest of six month in holidays so after 6 months holidays has over can i get surely get job? and how i can get per motion in my trade ?

please reply ?

29th July 2016, 10:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Salary after 6 months Pre-Sea rating in General purpose rating? Will I job be permanent?

Starting salary in merchant navy for GP rating post is about 25k to 30k for a fresher. Salary is decent compared to other field for a fresher and it grows with experience.

Job is not permanent in the beginning. You have to spend a lot of time in this field to become a permanent employee. Also, working in merchant navy is not regular and you have to go on long leave because of no work availability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?