11th June 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

What should I do for Merchant Navy course after 12th?

what is the work we have to do in merchant navy after 12th

Related Questions:
  1. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  2. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  3. Merchant Navy eligiblity after 12th and forms availability -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible for merchant navy after passing 12th?
  6. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  7. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  8. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  9. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  10. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy?
  11. What should I do to join Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the physical and education criteria?
  12. How should I get in Merchant Navy? Which exams should I appear?
  13. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  14. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  15. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  16. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?
  18. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy as a Deck Officer after completing 12th in BSEB board with 71%
21st June 2012, 07:00 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do for Merchant Navy course after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the work we have to do in merchant navy after 12th
Merchant Navy basically comprise of three departments:
  • Engineering Branch
  • Navigation Branch
  • General Purpose Rating

Engineering Branch
Now, in order to join the Engineering Branch, you must hold a degree in Engineering and most of the shipping companies prefer a marine engineer for the position of Junior Engineer, also designated as Fifth Engineer. If you have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the +2 level, you may pursue Marine Engineering course and the duration of the program would be Four Years.

Navigation Branch
Candidates possessing a bachelors degree in Nautical Science are often considered for this particular branch and to pursue Nautical Science at bachelors level, you must have qualified +2 level of examination with the subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

General Purpose Rating
As per you qualification, you might be considered eligible for General Purpose Rating which basically comprise of Deck Crew and Engine Crew. In order to be considered eligible for this rating job, you must have passed Secondary examination with a minimum of 40% marks and must have completed Pre-Sea Training for the same. The duration of the Pre-Sea training for General Purpose Rating is Six Months.
11th April 2014, 10:28 AM
laharijayaram

Default Re: What should I do for Merchant Navy course after 12th?

you can for national deffence academy after your 12th for to join in mearchant navy it is easy method
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?