17th September 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose to become a Game Developer being a 10th student?

Sir/Mam,
I am currently in 10th standard in New Delhi. I want to become a Game Developer. Is Engineering required to do so? Which stream should I take? And which subjects? I am very confused at this moment. Some people tell me that its compulsory to take Science stream and do Engineering to become a Game Developer, while some say that I can take Commerce stream and take IT or something like that. I don't exactly know about that one. I need some guidance that which stream should I take?

4th October 2015, 11:44 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose to become a Game Developer being a 10th student?

Engineering will help you to become a game developer. It will aid on to your skills and make your path easy. Since you are in 10th, so aim to score good marks in 10th standard. Then opt for science stream and aim to score good marks in 10+2. Get admission in a good engineering institute and take up computer science engineering. Programming is must to become a game developer and if you take up engineering, you will be get hands-on practice of lot of programming and data structures which will make your future goal achievable. You can take up other disciplines too like commerce, but again you need to do programming which is not at all related to your studies if you opt other streams. So better to go for science and then engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?