3rd February 2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

For study M.Tech in IIT-Bombay, should I quit job in TCS which is under bond agreement?

I have been working in TCS for the last 1 year and 5 month. This year I am going to take admission in IIT Bombay for M. Tech. Currently I am on the bench.

I have got two questions to take advice from you :-
1> I haven't completed 2 years in TCS, bond of 50,000 is still applicable. Is there any way of reducing bond amount as I am not joining any other competitor company but going for higher education ?
2> Currently I am reporting to RMG, what should I tell them If I get any interview calls for any project ?

Please answer my above two questions.

I want to take experience letter so I need to follow all steps before leaving TCS.

25th June 2016, 06:10 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For study M.Tech in IIT-Bombay, should I quit job in TCS which is under bond agreement?

You should definitely go for higher studies as you are getting opportunity in IIT, Mumbai which is one of the topmost institutes in technical aspect in the country. You are correct, that since you have not completed two years in TCS, the bond is still applicable. But the bond money will be reduced since you have already served TCS for 17 months. The reduced amount will be as per your utilized value by TCS. You should raise exit request and whenever you get interview call for projects, let them know that you are not interested as you will resign soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?