11th September 2017, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Which subject I should choose in 12th standard to become a software engineer?

Which subject should I choose in 12th standard to become a software engineer? Can you please guide me soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon on this. I really want to be a great software engineer in future.

15th September 2017, 11:54 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject I should choose in 12th standard to become a software engineer?

In order to become a software engineer you should have completed 12th standard with PCM subjects from a recognized board. After that you have to appear for engineering entrance examination and apply for B.Tech computer course. You can also apply for BCA, B.Sc IT, B.SC CS etc after 12th standard. But, if you are interested in engineering then you can opt for B.Tech course.
15th September 2017, 04:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject I should choose in 12th standard to become a software engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject should I choose in 12th standard to become a software engineer? Can you please guide me soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon on this. I really want to be a great software engineer in future.

You can take Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science subjects along with other subjects in Class XI and XII to become a software engineer in the future. Candidates after completion of 10+2 with PCM and computer science have to appear for the entrance examination like JEE or BITSAT or WBJEE or SRMJEEE or VITEEE for the admission to BE or BTech. You should have studied the course in top colleges, to get a software engineer job in a leading MNCs. You should choose PCM as compulsory subjects in Class XI and XII to pursue engineering in the future.
15th September 2017, 06:49 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

To become a software engineer you have to opt physics chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects in class 12th.

A candidate must be 12th passed with PCM to get admission in engineering.

A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in class 12th.
To get admission you have to crack entrance exam conducted by universities for providing admission in engineering.
You will get admission on the basis of your performance in entrance exam.
15th September 2017, 07:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become software engineer in future then you have to opt for non medical stream in your 11th and 12th standard and you have to pass it with the good percentage from a recognised board. After completing your 12th standard with non medical stream you have to apply for JEE entrance exam and if you will get higher rank then only you will get this trade for doing your engineering course.
15th September 2017, 09:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an engineer you are required to hold Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology ( B.E./B.Tech ) degree course. Further for pursuing B.E./B.Tech degree course you are required to have complete your higher secondary with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board.

So as far as you are concerned about selection of stream for becoming a software engineer then for the same you need to pursue your Class 12th with PCM group. Further I would also advise you to select computer as an additional subject at your Class 12th level as it would help you understand the programming language when you pursue your B.Tech degree course.
15th September 2017, 10:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become a software engineer after completion of your 12th standard, you should have to pursue Bachelor's degree course in Technology/ Engineering in Computer Science/ Information Technology from a recognised university. You should have good subject knowledge and Communication skills to be eligible to clear Interview rounds to get job as a Software Engineer.
16th September 2017, 12:00 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Software Engineer, you are required to follow certain educational qualification. The minimum educational qualification required is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed B.E/ B.Tech or it's equivalent Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> In order to pursue Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology, the basic educational qualification required is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern.

>> So I suggest you to pursue 12th Class with the below mentioned subjects to be eligible.
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Mathematics

>> If you have pursued 12th Class with PCM subjects, then you may pursue B.E/ B.Tech besides appearing in Engineering entrance examination.
16th September 2017, 12:39 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to become a software engineer, a candidate have to do B.Tech in IT/CSE after completing 12th standard from any UGC and AICTE approved university.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with 50% marks and have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the Higher Secondary from recognized board of education, are eligible to do B.Tech in IT/CSE degree course.
So, you need to choose Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Computer Science (if available) subjects in you 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?