5th November 2017, 06:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I drop Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard and still get a job as software engineer in future?

I don't want to choose physics in 11th class so I take another subject like Chemistry, Maths, Biology or any other but not take physics so I want to be a future a software engineer? Can you please give me the information soon on the same? Thanks!

Related Questions:
6th November 2017, 11:00 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I drop Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard and still get a job as software engineer in future?

No, you can't drop Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard, if you are interested to become a Software Engineer in future. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing software engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board. So, you need to pursue Physics subject in 12th standard to get admission for pursuing software engineering course and to get a job as a software engineer in future.
6th November 2017, 12:13 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I drop Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard and still get a job as software engineer in future?

No, you can't become a Software Engineer in future if you drop Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard. You have to pursue 11th and 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board to be eligible to get admission for pursuing Software Engineering course. After completion of your Software Engineering course with good subject knowledge and programming skills from a Government recognised university, you can get a good job as a Software Engineer.
6th November 2017, 07:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Software Engineer, you will have to qualify Engineering entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced Exam, BITSAT Exam, MHCET, KIITEE, SRMEE, VITEEE, etc.

All these exams require PCM stream in 11th and 12th standard to appear.

In case, if you drop Physics subject from 11th and 12th standard, then you won't be able to appear for engineering entrance exams.

And ultimately, you cannot get admission to engineering colleges for pursuing Software Engineering course.

So, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are must subjects for getting admission to engineering colleges.
6th November 2017, 08:12 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know is that to be a software engineer you need to pursue B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree course in Computer Science or Information Technology trade.

Further the minimum educational requirement for pursuing B.Tech degree course in any stream is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board. Students pursuing any equivalent degree i.e; diploma in engineering are also eligible to pursue B.Tech degree course.

So as far as you are concerned about becoming software engineer without pursuing Physics at higher secondary school level then it is certainly not possible as per the reason mentioned above.
6th November 2017, 11:59 PM
Member+

Smile Re: Can I drop Physics subject in 11th and 12th standard and still get a job as software engineer in future?

For you information you must have PCM subjects in you 10+2 class to study the technical coursed. You you leave physic from your subjects then you would not qualify the minimum eligibility criteria of B.Tech and other technical diploma courses. so you have to opt physic as one of your subject, if you further want to continue your study to fulfill your dreams to become software engineer.
29th July 2022, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I drop physics in O levels and study business studies instead of physics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?