13th July 2014, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Syntel good or blacklisted company

hi ... i m doin 4th yr cse ... in ma coll 4th day Syntel s coming for oncampus followed by Wipro nd HCL ... if i attend Syntel then sure i ll be selected so i can't attend d forthcoming companies . also i heard tat SYNTEL s a US blacklisted Company and they will tell 6 months for 1 yr project nd do it late by straining employes day n night work , so i afraid to step into Syntel .. can any 1 clear me the idea about Syntel ....pls i don hav time say me soon as soon u can ...

15th July 2014, 07:49 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Syntel good or blacklisted company

IS SYNTEL BLACKLISTED COMPANY US?

The answer is big NO because this was a rumor which circled around in mails from the year 1999 and till date people are talking about that. If Syntel is a blacklisted company how can it have a revenue around with a profit margin of $8 million? So, you don't have to worry about that at all while considering between Syntel, Wipro or HCL because Syntel is one of the world leading company as well.

Coming to the point which you mentioned that you need to work day and night there is no confirmation anyone can give that you won't do it Wipro and HCL as it all depends on which project you are put in and how the client wants it to be done. All service based companies have this issue where some projects will require the employees to work day and night which cannot be helped.

So, if you ask me I don't see that this as to be considered one of the black point for Syntel as it's same when compared with others as well. It's good that you have so much of confidence in you that you will get selected when you attend it but my advice will be go for it and if you get selected then probably you can consider yourself to be in a good company than others but if you still wanted to try others then you can always apply for off-campus placements which are not related with your college!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?