19th September 2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after B.Tech to get a good job in private companies?

Hello Sir/Madam,

I'm Vinit, pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from LPU. Its my first Semester , even though as far as the Placement in our College is concerned then its too much low till now , and as concentration has been increased a lot so it has become more difficult to get a ON-CAMPUS job from College at a High package. And if we talk about OFF-CAMPUS placement the package will go down automatically.

So, here I'm so that you can give a path to me that what should i do and what not..1

I'll be waiting for your kind reply!!!
Thanx...

19th September 2015, 07:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after B.Tech to get a good job in private companies?

First of all, no need to get tensed so much. You are just in the first year of your engineering course, so relax and enjoy the beginning of your new journey. You need to make sure of the following things. Rest you can get placed from on-campus placement drive or get a high package in off-campus drive.

- First of all, make up your mind whether you want to build your career in your domain or want to switch to IT in search of job. You need to proceed accordingly.
- If domain job is your aim, you need to work hard from your second year. If IT job is an option, then working hard from third year will do.
- If domain job, concentrate on the fundamentals of your domain right from the first year. Make sure that you are conceptually enriched and practice a variety of questions from different sources. GATE clearance should be your aim. SO in the third year you can take up coaching in reputed institutes and prepare well for GATE. In the third year, start practicing general aptitude and by the end of third year or fourth year (7th semester) you should be well versed with the aptitude concepts and type of questions.
- If you have IT job option, then you can start preparation in the third year. First of all know your fundamentals well and get proficiency in any one object oriented programming language. Start practicing aptitude questions and practice various online questions from placement papers of various IT companies. Make 2-3 subjects as your strong point. Appear in on-campus and off-campus recruitment drives, and you can surely crack through.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?