3rd March 2018, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Why Night Shift is necessary in IT sector?

Hello, I am a B.Tech/B.E. student. I have a doubts regarding private jobs. As I am in final year, many of my senior has appointed in TCS, IBM, Wipro, etc. They have to work in Night shifts. So, why this is happening? I don’t understand about IT sector work? What is the need of working at night shift?

23rd March 2018, 04:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why Night Shift is necessary in IT sector?

In IT sector, the work goes for 24 hours a day and some people have to work in night shifts because of the 24 hours work culture in this sector. Same rule applies for everyone in this field.

You should be ready to work in night shift, if you want to work for a top IT companies, which has clients all over the world. If you are not willing, then there are many small IT companies, which can offer you a day shift job.
31st March 2018, 12:54 PM
work@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am a B.Tech/B.E. student. I have a doubts regarding private jobs. As I am in final year, many of my senior has appointed in TCS, IBM, Wipro, etc. They have to work in Night shifts. So, why this is happening? I don’t understand about IT sector work? What is the need of working at night shift?
Indian IT consultancies mostly have projects from abroad. Hence the client meetings usually occurs for their day time and at our night time; so we need to work during that time to make live communications with our clients.
Next thing is for the support team; they usually need to provide support for 24 hours. So it comes in shift jobs, but the companies surely provides cab facilities for night shifts.
4th April 2018, 11:47 PM
chikkykranthi619

Basically Night Shift , day shift etc. all these are depended on the project a company get's.
For example if a company get's an U.S based project then the company in India has to work in the night time also for mutual coordination and support with the US client. So, this is the main reason for night shift.
Mostly BPO/KPO projects will be of night shifts because they handle the projects from US and UK.
Some other companies for example "Telecom based companies" in India, they also work in the night time though they have Indian projects they have to work even in the night times also because they have to provide support 24/7 and they comes under Tech-Support , it might be a voice/non-voice tech support.
So, above discussed were some of the reasons for night shift in IT sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?