13th April 2016, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Will I get rejected due to twice attempt in 10th if selected in Cognizant IT?

Dear Sir,
I have got selected in Cognizant IT but I am 10th failed in one subject and then in next attempt I passed and got 63%, in 12th I have secured 62% and in B.Sc Computer Science I have secured 78%. Will they allow into the further process or they will reject me in their verification?

14th April 2016, 07:48 PM
iphone5s

Default Re: Will I get rejected due to twice attempt in 10th if selected in Cognizant IT?

Your academic career seems to be almost good. Even you have secured more than 60% throughout your academic career, so i don't think that there will be any issue if you wish to go for the recruitment drive for any of the MNC company of CMMI Level 5.

Yes, one more thing, since you failed in 10th but after reappearing you passed 10th standard, so it is a matter of proud that you passed with more than 60%. So, your previous record of 10th won't be considered.
Your new result of 10th will be considered. So, don't worry and apply for the company you wish to.
15th April 2016, 08:22 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get rejected due to twice attempt in 10th if selected in Cognizant IT?

The eligibility criteria form on campus or off campus recruitment drive of Cognizant:

>>You must have done 10th, 12th, bachelor's degree from a recognized institute. You must have scored at least 60% in first attempt. It means that if you have failed in any subject and again appeared for exam then passed, you are not eligible for joining this organization.

>>There should not be any active pending backlogs.

>>Maximum of two years gap between studies is allowed.

Yes, you will be rejected even if you are selected when the firm will verify your documents again.
15th April 2016, 12:39 PM
january2016

Let, me tell you clearly. Minimum requirement of any MNC is 60%. And if you have 60% throughout your academic that is 10th, 12th as well as engineering then you are safe.

Company don't do micro-management to look at all your degree. They needs 60% criteria to be fulfilled and that is it.

Also make sure along-with 60% criteria you must not have backlog in your final year anyhow otherwise you will be out of all the campus recruitment drive.
Before final semester backlog is considerable, but after 6th semester is is not considerable at all.
16th April 2016, 12:17 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

See, the companies mention a basic eligibility criteria before the selection procedure.

Since you have fulfilled that and also got the job through the recruitment drive, they will not reject you, because I think they have done the verification already if they have selected you.

Don't worry about this, just don't put any false information in your form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?