23rd January 2014, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Salesforce development or Cognizant offer?

Hi sir,
Currently i am working on Salesforce Development in a small organization from last 8 months.i passed out in 2010(june).4 months back i have attended the cognizant(as a fresher) interview.now got the result as selected ..now i am confused whether to go cognizant?because salesforce i am working as a developer but salary is too less..which has good future salesforce or again i have to go cognizant as a fresher..there the payment is high compared to here..?i dont know what to do?

26th January 2014, 01:09 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Salesforce development or Cognizant offer?

Getting a job in Salesforce as a fresher is something unique for a fresh candidate when compared with companies like Cognizant.

So, do not compare the salary for now as that's not the important factor when you are thinking about your future career. In every company the freshers salary will be of minimum and for sure it will increase gradually as you gain experience..

Now the first good thing about Salesforce is it's a product based company while Cognizant is a service based which means you can absolutely have lot of learning in a product based companies like Salesforce rather in the service companies.

Second good thing is that you will be working for your own company product where in there will be no tight deadlines as that is fixed for service companies it doesn't mean that you have very less work pressure or so but comparatively the work/life balance will be far better when compared with service based companies.

Third and the most important thing is that Salesforce product is under the topic Cloud Computing which is the next big thing for future and already we can see a huge growth on it in present. So, you don't have to loose this good opportunity.

So, just sit back and jot down the advantages and disadvantages you will have being in both the companies and then try to take the right decision. Just make sure about the location where you work in, being with family, travel etc. on both the companies to compare and then come to conclusion.

Do not worry about the salary as a fresher because you will get the proper hike and increments at the right time and more than that experience what matters more because you can jump to any big companies later having 2+ year experience in Salesforce!
6th August 2014, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Salesforce development or Cognizant offer?

I am fresher i got selected in two companies one works on hibernate and second one works on salesforce so which one is good for future
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?