23rd January 2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Which one to choose between Infosys and Cognizant?

My son has got joining order in jnfosys --he has been selected in campus job in cognizant too---(still order to come after finishing module papers), and he want to settle down in usa later--which company he should join? help---thnx

26th January 2014, 12:31 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Which one to choose between Infosys and Cognizant?

Infosys or Cognizant will not give your son 100% surety to get settled in USA after 1-3 years because even if there is a chance of getting onsite it will be only working there for maximum of 2 years then later need to come back to India for normal work.

So, if the plan is really to get settled in USA then the best option is to get one of the job either in Infosys or Cognizant and work for 2+ years to gain experience and then start applying for colleges by giving TOEFL exam to do the MS and then search for jobs over there which will surely help to get a job over there itself.

Now to the question of which one to take Infosys or Cognizant? It will be better to get to the job which calls your son first so that there won't be any waste of time. Make sure that he will taking up the work which will be challenging and then to plan well for the MS studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?