25th January 2015, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Working in Cognizant is sufficient for Civil Engineer?

Hello
I got placed in Cognizant. The problem is I am from civil engineering background I am a fresher. Will there be proper growth when compared to IT engineers? What about job security? I also have another construction company offer but I am passionate about CTS. What should I do? Please help. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Salesforce development or Cognizant offer?
  2. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  3. How to do course of construction management after working as a civil engineer?
  4. Which company is better between Cognizant and Infosys if I want to prepare for higher studies while working? Are there any certification programs in Cognizant? Which will give me better salary? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which company to choose between Cognizant and Capgemini having 7 years experience?
  6. Is Bank BPO good for my profile being an IT Engineer?
  7. Which company is best among Capgemini and Cognizant for Mechanical Engineer?
  8. How can I join IGNOU VEIP programme for B.Tech in Civil Engineering, I have done Diploma in Civil Engineering and working as a junior engineer?
  9. Completed my Diploma in Civil Engineering after 10th and working as a civil engineer in a company : Can I join CBI?
  10. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  11. How to apply for MBA after graduating in BSc Electronics? Where can I apply?
  12. Is M.Tech from VIT for Cognizant Employees Programme AICTE recognized?
  13. What are the government jobs available for fresher civil engineer
  14. Which is a good course for me between B.Arch and B.E Civil? Can an Architect become a builder?
  15. Is there any growth in CTS for Civil Engineer? What about job security?
  16. Can I apply for Cognizant and Capegemini having 5 years work experience after education?
  17. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  18. How can I join Indian Army as a civil engineer? I have completed my B.E
27th January 2015, 12:40 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Working in Cognizant is sufficient for Civil Engineer?

CIVIL ENGINEER IN COGNIZANT:

"You are passionate about CTS" - Is this because of the good salary package when compared to the other civil core company offer? If so do not jump into CTS as it's completely out of the subjects which you studied through out your college studies.

You will be able to survive in IT only if you are interested in it. So, make sure you take a cautious call over here and follow the path in which you are truly interested.

Ofcourse starting salary and work will not be that exciting in your core civil job but then once you gain experience you will be in par with any software job. So, once again make sure you select the job which you are interested in and start working hard from the start to have a brighter future.
19th December 2018, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Working in Cognizant is sufficient for Civil Engineer?

I want to work in cognizant.. Which Course is better for getting job in that company.. IM Civil Engineering background.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?