19th December 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Is Bank BPO good for my profile being an IT Engineer?

Hello
I am an IT engineer from Mumbai currently placed in Cognizant ,pune.But there is a fair chance that I will be given project in Chennai or Kolkata.But Since Mumbai is my hometown and pune is nearest to it I am reluctant towards going to Chennai or Kolkata. Because of this I am planning to give BANK PO exams.But at the same time my friends are saying that dont go for PO since you are an IT engineer.I want to pursue MBA also later.Please guide me on this on whether to do the BANK PO or not or should I continue with Cognizant itself?

Related Questions:
  1. Infosys BPO job is good for freshers? Wipro BPO and Infosys BPO are same?
  2. What is the salary I should get? List of BPO companies in Kolkata?
  3. HR job in BPO after BCA, MBA (HR) and 1 year BPO experience?
  4. Future scope having low academics record from 10th up till graduation?
  5. What are engineers supposed to do in BPO jobs? Can one get more salary hike in short time?
  6. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  7. Can I get a job if I scored less than 60% in Bachelor Degree?
  8. What is the job of BPO in IT companies?
  9. Which BPO job is good for me and how much will be the salary?
  10. Is Infosys BPO a good place for a job? Salary package for a fresher?
  11. Is doing MBA and MCom through distance good for career? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which kind of question are asked in WIPRO exam?
  13. What to do after 12th having secured 59% in 12th with Commerce and without Maths?
  14. Is there any possibility for me to move to Finance or Bank Job being a candidate of doing BPO Job having completed Graduation in Correspondence?
  15. Which will be the best option for me to change the job profile to HR by doing MBA course or carrying on with the same profile being a candidate of working as Systems Engineer with TCS from 3 years?
  16. Details about Placement recruitment of Hyderabad?
  17. Automation tester in IT or Bank PO? Which one is a better option for a computer science engineer?
  18. What are the career options in banking after completing B.Tech Agriculture engineering
26th December 2014, 11:34 PM
Saranbala18

Default Re: Is Bank BPO good for my profile being an IT Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am an IT engineer from Mumbai currently placed in Cognizant ,pune.But there is a fair chance that I will be given project in Chennai or Kolkata.But Since Mumbai is my hometown and pune is nearest to it I am reluctant towards going to Chennai or Kolkata. Because of this I am planning to give BANK PO exams.But at the same time my friends are saying that dont go for PO since you are an IT engineer.I want to pursue MBA also later.Please guide me on this on whether to do the BANK PO or not or should I continue with Cognizant itself?
No, it is not suitable for your profile because you are an IT Engineering student it will affect your career. BPO Experience is not valid for your career growth. Better you should try for jobs in IT industry, it will give better career growth and good package. Don't waste your time in Bank BPO it is a waste of time. Better you should try to get a job in IT. However, If you have completed MBA in Bank Management specialization then you may have a chance to get job opportunities in Banking. It is mandatory that you must gain some knowledge about baking sector and its working.

For more Information regarding Banking exam please visit here - www.ibps.in/
27th December 2014, 09:46 AM
Rahul9596

Default Re: Is Bank BPO good for my profile being an IT Engineer?

Congratulations for working with a well known MNC first. Now you are at the beginning of your career, but from your question it is clear that you are right now confused about your career. I will say that always follow your dreams and your passion. Do what you enjoy doing.

So according to me if you are passionate about engineering then whatever be the situation like you have mentioned you have to leave your hometown or be at a distant place etc, you should enjoy doing that because you will be enjoying your work. Moreover if your heart will be in engineering you cannot perform in bank even. So you are the best judge to decide what to do next.

Considering the contrary Bank PO job is also a nice and good job, if you want a stable and permanent job then go for Bank Probationary Officer. Their scale of pay is also above average.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?