31st March 2015, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if completed 12th from Open School?

Hello Sir
I want your help regarding 12th passing from
Open School. I have completed my 12th from
Open School and I want to give BITSAT.
Kindly let me know I am eligible or not?
Waiting for your reply.

4th April 2015, 01:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if completed 12th from Open School?

If you have completed 12th Class from a recognized Open School, then you are certainly eligible to appear in BITSAT Examination. BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is conducted for admission into Engineering or Technology degree courses in its campuses namely BITS Goa, BITS Pilani and BITS Hyderabad.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for this BITSAT Examination is " Students must have completed 12th class in 10+2 pattern" from a recognized UNIVERSITY/ BOARD. If you have completed 12th from a recognized open school, then you do not need to worry since you are eligible to appear in BITSAT Exam. Besides this eligibility criteria, the minimum percentage you must have obtained minimum 75% marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics subjects and 60% marks in each subject.
4th April 2015, 02:15 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if completed 12th from Open School?

Yes, you can appear in the BITSAT competitive Exam. NIOS passed students has full authority and eligibility to appear in various competitive Exams. National Institute of open schooling is equivalent to all other board of schooling like CBSE, ICSE ..etc. So you are eligible for appearing for the BITSAT.
5th April 2015, 11:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir
I want your help regarding 12th passing from
Open School. I have completed my 12th from
Open School and I want to give BITSAT.
Kindly let me know I am eligible or not?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible BITSAT exam.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

http://www.bitsadmission.com/
5th April 2015, 03:15 PM
amanshrivastava98

There is no difficulty in the eligibility related to the school of study.

According to the notification released by the BITS,

* The candidate should have passed the 12th or appearing in the 12th examination at the time of application.

* The candidate should have secured at least 80% marks aggregate in 12th.

* The candidate should have secured at least 60% in the main subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
5th April 2015, 07:41 PM
DineshKumar_01

Yes, you are eligible to appear in BITSAT if you completed your 12th standard open school. NIOS board is equal to the CBSE, ICSE board and also the NIOS board is authorized by the government of India and you are surely eligible to appear in the BITSAT competitive exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?