12th August 2015, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in ICAI course being a 12th NIOS Commerce student?

Hello,
I am Sachin Sharma. I am doing 12th with Commerce by NIOS Board. I want to know that after 12th, can I apply for ICAI course or not? Am I eligible for this?

14th August 2015, 12:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in ICAI course being a 12th NIOS Commerce student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the ICAI ( Institute of Chartered Accountant India ) it conducted the examination for the admission in the Chartered Accountant course.

The examination is conducted in the three stages as the Common Proficiency Test, IPCC and final course.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is candidate must have passed the 10+2 from a recognised board. The examination is conducted twice every year and NIOS is the recognised board so you are eligible for the examination.
14th August 2015, 02:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in ICAI course being a 12th NIOS Commerce student?

ICAI stands for the Institute of Chartered Accountant India and it is the organisation which conducts the examination for the admission of the candidates in the Chartered Accountant.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the examination being the NIOS candidates. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board in any stream.

The examination is conducted twice every year and the examination are conducted in the three stages also the it is mandatory to qualify in all the three stages for the final selection.
* Common Proficiency Test.
* IPCC.
* Final course.

For more information visit at the www.icai.org.
14th August 2015, 03:55 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do CA after the completion of your 12th from NIOS board. However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the same.

Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CA:

> Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

> Candidates having cleared their graduation will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

Entrance examination for CA;

CPT is considered as the entrance examination for CA course. The total marks for this examiantion is 400 marks and the time duration is 4 hours. It however consists of 4 topics, namely;

> Fundamentals of Accounting

> Mercantile Law

> General Economics

> Quantitative Aptitudes

NOTE: Negative marks are there for any wrong answer.
14th August 2015, 05:43 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply in ICAI course being a 12th NIOS Commerce student?

Sure You can apply for ICAI course because its main eligibility criteria is that you must hold a 12th passing certificate from any recognized school or board and as per my knowledge NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) board is recognized board by government of India so in that manner you are eligible for desired test.
14th August 2015, 06:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

ICAI stands for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It conducts Common proficiency test for the Chartered Accountancy course.

Chartered Accountancy course has three levels:

1. Common Proficiency test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence course.

3. Final course.

Yes, you can apply for the CPT after doing 10+2 from NIOS board. This exam is conducted by ICAI in the month of June and December every year. Any 10+2 passed or appearing candidates can apply for this exam. It is an objective test of 200 Multiple choice questions from Economics, Mercantile law, Aptitude and Accountancy.

You can get any more details at www.icai.org.
14th August 2015, 08:13 PM
mwh

Yes,you are eligible for the ICAI course being a 12th commerce candidate.
you can apply for ICAI examinations.
for joining into the ICAI you have to qualify in the entrance examination which is CPT exam.
If you qualify in this examination you can apply for the IPCC exam which is intermediate course and its time duration is 9 mnoths.if you qualify in it then you will take article ship for 2.5 years.
after article ship you have to write the final CA examination if you qualify in it you can become CA.
15th August 2015, 02:26 PM
newmoon06

ICAI stands for Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Yes, you are eligible for ICAI as being NIOS student. NIOS is a highly reputed and recognized board. You can apply for any course in your field as being NIOS student.
A student who have 10th passedis eligible to apply for Common Proficiency test conducted by ICAI.
10th August 2017, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply in ICAI course being 12th IGNOU Non medical student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?