2nd January 2016, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Journalism if I am doing my 12th in open school?

Sir/Mam,

I am in cls 12th, I want to study Journalism,im so interested in it.but i am writing exams in private open school [APSOS]what still there is vacancy for me? Am awaiting for the answer on this as soon as possible.

Please reply me.

Thank you.

2nd January 2016, 04:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Journalism if I am doing my 12th in open school?

If you have got qualification from a recognized open schooling then surely you will be eligible for journalism courses. Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

NIOS is one of the recognized open schooling options and it is accepted by most of the colleges and universities for admission.
2nd January 2016, 05:02 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Journalism if I am doing my 12th in open school?

Yes, definitely you are eligible for the journalism course after completion of your 12th standard from Open schooling. But make sure that you must not have any backlog in your 12th standard otherwise your admission in journalism will be regretted. You can go for the graduation in mass and media journalism, sports journalism, TV journalism or other journalism course as per your personal interest to become a journalist. After successfully completion of your graduation you will be eligible for the interview for journalist post.
2nd January 2016, 08:27 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am in cls 12th, I want to study Journalism,im so interested in it.but i am writing exams in private open school [APSOS]what still there is vacancy for me? Am awaiting for the answer on this as soon as possible.

Please reply me.

Thank you.
If you are school is recognized by state or central Government then definitely you are eligible to apply for Journalism course. There are various specialization available in Journalism course. You can select any specialization based on your Interest. Please, refer the specialization below:

- B.Sc in Sports Journalism
- B.A in Professional Journalism
- B.A in Investigative Journalism
- B.Sc in Trade Journalism
- B.A in Innovation Journalism
- B.Sc in Fashion Journalism

Those who have passed Plus two or its equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for the Bachelor degree in Journalism. A minimum of 55% marks is required to get admission. Some reputed colleges may conduct their own admission test (i.e) Common Entrance Test for Journalism (CETJ) for the selection process. Please, refer the respective university official website for more Information.
2nd January 2016, 10:45 PM
kantraman

Yes you are eligible for this type of course after +2 from open school as the actual qualification for this jounalism course is graduation with 55% marks.
2nd January 2016, 11:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much get admission in Journalism course having completed your education from NIOS board, there is no harm in it.

Students having completed their 10th or 12th from Open schooling are very much eligibe for most of the courses.

Therefore, I would ask you to apply for the course and I am pretty sure you will do well in it.
2nd January 2016, 11:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Please reply me.

Thank you.
Yes, you are eligible for B.A Journalism and Mass Communication course after 12th in open school. The APSOS is recognised by Council Board of School Education in India. The duration of the B.A Journalism and Mass Communication course is 3 years. The course is available in many institutions like,

- Amity University - http://www.amity.edu/asco/A20287.asp
- Delhi Degree College -http://www.delhidegree.com/
- S.R.M. University - [URL="http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/"]http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/URL]
- Apex International College - http://college.apexgroup.in/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cobse.pdf(4.96 MB, 22 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?