26th August 2015, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 88.5% in best of 4 subjects in 12th ISC?

Sir,
I have scored 88.5% in 12th ISC in best of 4 which are Economics, English, Hindi and Business Studies and excluding Maths. Am I eligible to be study in Goenka College for B.Com course? Please let me know asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in GOENKA college after scoring 90% in ISC?
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 75% in Accounts and 74% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  3. Whether an ISC student can take both Hindi and English in top 4 subjects?
  4. Cutoff for admission in Goenka college after scoring 92.75 in ISC board? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Com in HK Commerce College, Ahmedabad if secured 52% in 12th ISC?
  6. Am I eligible to study B.Sc(Biotechnology) if studying 12th ISC with Biology, Physics and Chemistry?
  7. Am I eligible to study B.Com(Accountancy) in Mumbai University if secured 70% in 12th ISC? When the application form will be distributed?
  8. What are the chances of getting admission in Goenka or St Xaviers after securing 92.5% in best of four subjects?
  9. Can I get admission in Goenka College, Kolkata if secured 77% in 12th WBCHSE?
  10. Which college is best for me after completing ISC? I have secured 71%
  11. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?
  12. Cutoff percentage required in 12th WBCHSE to study B.Com(Accountancy) in Goenka College, Kolkata?
  13. Is it beneficial to reappear if secured 71% in 12th ISC Board exam?
  14. Am I eligible to reappear in 12th ISC Board exam if disqualify in more than 4 subjects?
  15. Can I apply for all subjects if failed in Chemistry of 12th ISC?
  16. Can I get admission to study Political Science Honours in St.Xavier's College, Kolkata if secured 86% in 12th ISC Commerce?
  17. Will I be able to shift in ISC 12th standard after studying intermediate from Andhra Pradesh State Board of Intermediate?
  18. Shifting from Andhra Pradesh State Board to ISC in 12th standard is possible? Will it be beneficial for engineering entrance exams?
31st August 2015, 09:58 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 88.5% in best of 4 subjects in 12th ISC?

Goenka college is one the best college for commerce and business administration which offers various courses in undergraduate and postgraduate.

88.5% marks is very good score in higher secondary certificate examination .
Eligibility criteria to apply for admission in Goenka college is
-Students must have total of 75% marks in Higher secondary examination from regular schooling.
Admission process starts in early June every year after announcement of result
of higher secondary certificate examination.
On the basis of marks of the candidate applied for admission , college announces cutoff marks for admission . The student applied for admission having marks above cutoff can complete the remaining admission process .

88.5% marks is enough to get over cutoff marks.
So, you can easily get admission in Goenka college if applied for admission within time.
31st August 2015, 11:57 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 88.5% in best of 4 subjects in 12th ISC?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 88.5% in best of 4 subjects in 12th ISC.

Candidate who have secured more than 65% marks in 12th from any recognised board can apply for admission in Goenka College.
Age of candidate must be from 17 to 23 years.

After application procedure college will announce a merit list on the basis of which candidate will get admission.
31st August 2015, 12:27 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Following are eligibility criteria for B.Com in Goenka College:

Minimum marks in H.S or Equivalent required for online application.
For General category candidates; 75% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in the related subject

Passed Higher Secondary or any other equivalent examination as regular candidates with at least five subjects of 100 marks each including English.

A candidate shall have the option of applying in one section only.
31st August 2015, 04:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Com course in Goenka College if you have secured aggregate of 88.5% marks in your 12th standard Board examinations. To be eligible to get admission in B.com course in Goenka College, the candidate must have to scored minimum aggregate of 75% marks and 60% marks in the related subject (there is relaxation in percentage for reserved category candidates). The candidate must have studied at least 5 subjects of 100 marks each including English to be eligible to get admission in B.Com course in Goenka College.
31st August 2015, 08:02 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 88.5% in best of 4 subjects in 12th ISC?

Yes you are eligible but main is not that you are eligible or not. the main thing is that will you get admission or not because there are nearly almost students who passed 12th class from commerce are eligible but they all won't get admission because admissions are provided on the basis of merit list generated by 12th class marks. Means toppers will get admission first so, you should go for counselling and check out your name is mentioned in the list or not.
2nd June 2017, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT 88.5% IN BEST OF FOUR FROM ISC BOARD. WITH 87 IN PHYSICS AND 93 IN MATHS. DO I HAVE A CHANCE IN GETTING AN ADMISSION IN ST. XAVIER'S KOLKATA?
22nd May 2019, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Goenka college Kolkata if I have 88.5 %in best of four subjects from cbse board?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?