1st August 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I qualified to become a school lecturer if I complete B.Ed course?

I did B.Com and MBA(finance).
Can I do b.ed? and after b.ed,can i qualify for school lecturer? Can someone please let me know the information on the same as soon as possible to me? Awaiting to get the answer!

1st August 2015, 12:27 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I qualified to become a school lecturer if I complete B.Ed course?

Yes, you can do B.Ed after B.Com and MBA. After completing B.Ed are eligible to become Secondary and Senior Secondary Teacher.
Teachers who have B.Ed. degree after graduation are called TGT teachers.

To become lecturer you have to apply for NET exam. National Eligibility Teat is conducted by UGC every year. After passing NET exam you can become lecturer in schools. To apply for NET exam B.Ed is not necessary.
1st August 2015, 08:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I qualified to become a school lecturer if I complete B.Ed course?

Yes, you can do B.Ed if you have got 50% marks in your B.Com degree from a recognized university. Admission is purely based in the performance in the entrance exam.

B.Ed is essential for getting a teaching job in any school these days. In fact you have to qualify for TET along with B.Ed to becoming eligible for teaching job in government schools.
2nd August 2015, 01:35 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Recruitment of Lecturers in school is approved by Central Board of Secondary Education is carried out on the basis of common entrance exam, called Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTET).

A pass in higher secondary examination with 50 % marks along with Diploma in Elementary Education is the minimum eligibility for this exam.

The exam is conducted separately for Primary stage and Elementary Stage

Eligibility for CTET:

Graduation with a minimum of 50 % marks is the minimum eligibility criterion.

Final year of candidates of the two year Diploma in Elementary Education/ Bachelor in Education are eligible to appear for the exam.

Graduates with a minimum of 45 % marks in aggregate along with bachelor’s degree in education are also eligible.

Candidates who have passed higher secondary examination with 50 % marks along with four year Bachelor in Elementary Education are also eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?