2nd April 2010, 05:09 PM
teju mehra

Can BCA students without Maths in their 12th do MCA?

i hav a big doubt dat bca students can domca are not because people saying that students without maths subject in there inter has no chance to do mca is it right or wrong i don't know .................................

15th May 2011, 09:00 AM
mohammadkhanovais

Default Re: Can BCA students without Maths in their 12th do MCA?

this is right !there was no chance for do MCA without math
15th May 2011, 09:36 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

dear friend,
maths is a compulsory subject for mca .......but if you had took maths in bca then you can go for mca......it means that you should have maths in bca.....

all the best.....
15th May 2011, 01:09 PM
deepakdeep1

Dear student,
For being eligible to apply for M.C.A, you have to have mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or statistics as one of the subjects at graduation level. If you fulfill this criteria you are eligible for M.C.A. Most of the entrance test are conducted in April or May. Notifications are out in January or February. The combined M.C.A entrance tests held in India are: NIMCET for NITs, C.E.T Maharashtra for Maharashtra colleges, UPMCAT for most colleges in UP, Andhra Pradesh C.E.T for Colleges in AP,Orissa State MCA Test for all Colleges in Orissa, MET for All college under Punjabi Univ. GNDU, & PTU in Punjab, MP-Pre MCA Test for all colleges in MP, Kerala M.C.A Test for all colleges in Kerala. The most reputed universities and colleges offering M.C.A degree in India are: Delhi University, Pune University, Jawahar Lal Nehru university, New Delhi, IIT Roorkee, NIT Trichy, VJTI, Mumbai, Banaras Hindu University, MNNIT Allahabad, ICSE Indore, Thapar University. Other colleges offering MCA are NITs, Vellore Institute, PSG Coimbatore, Hyderabad Central University, BITS Mesra, Jalgaon University, and Punjab University etc.Hope this helps. Feel free to revert for further assistance.
Thanks!
15th May 2011, 03:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by teju mehra View Post
i hav a big doubt dat bca students can domca are not because people saying that students without maths subject in there inter has no chance to do mca is it right or wrong i don't know .................................
Yes definitely To get admission in MCA course, You Have a Maths Subject In your 12th examination. Without Maths Candidates are not eligible to apply for MCA course. So, there is compulsory for student to pass 12th level with mathematics subject and one mathematics subject in bachelor level exam.

For NIMCET Examination -

You need Minimum 60% marks in each of the examinations of 12th level with Mathematics and In Bachelor’s Degree of Full time 3 year duration from a recognized University With any one of subject -

Mathematics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics or Elementary Statistics.

So, if you are interested to get admission in Top colleges of India, then Maths Is compulsory in your 12th examination. Because without maths in 12th, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA Course.

MCA Eligiblity criteria -

Pass with 50% aggregate marks in Bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent with -

Computer Science/ Computer Application/ IT/ Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent at Graduation or higher level

OR

Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent at 10+2 level.

So, eligiblity criteria are vary from colleges to colleges, but for top MCA colleges, You need Maths As a compulsory subject in 12th.
15th May 2011, 04:29 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
yah, its true that if you want to persue MCA as your master degree, then you must have maths as a subject in high school exam.no, problem if you had not maths as a subject in high school examination.
Remember, "if there is will there is a way."
you can prepare for maths high school exam,(from the same board you have qualified senior secondary exam), get qualified in that and attach the maths qualified marksheet with your high school qualified marksheet.show the documents at the time of councelling (MCA Entrance).
Ok, best of luck.
15th May 2011, 04:47 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

sorry ..

BCA student with out mathematics subject is not eligible for MCA, as the eligibility criteria for most of MCA Exam regarding this is common, where as other eligibility differ from university to university.

written exam consist of:-

1. Mathematics 45 Questions
2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning 40 questions
3. Computer Awareness 10 questions
4. General English 25 questions

Bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks-

Computer Science/ Computer Application/ IT/ Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent at Graduation or higher level

for

OR

for further information visit the given link...
15th May 2011, 05:10 PM
mohd haider

Smile Re: Can BCA students without Maths in their 12th do MCA?

For NIMCET Examination -

You need Minimum 60% marks in each of the examinations of 12th level with Mathematics and In Bachelor’s Degree of Full time 3 year duration from a recognized University With any one of subject -

Mathematics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics or Elementary Statistics.

So, if you are interested to get admission in Top colleges of India, then Maths Is compulsory in your 12th examination. Because without maths in 12th, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA Course.

Pass with 50% aggregate marks in Bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent with -

OR

So, eligiblity criteria are vary from colleges to colleges, but for top MCA colleges, You need Maths As a compulsory subject in 12th.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=51362#ixzz1MP sXHFOR
15th May 2011, 06:48 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Can BCA students without Maths in their 12th do MCA?

DEFINITELY,YOU CAN DO MCA ....

as you are having bca in your UG,you can do mca irrespective of having maths group in your +2...

dont worry,you can...

all the best...

regards
yogi
15th May 2011, 07:28 PM
ankur_1993

Location: 280/7, CHOOTA BHAGARA , ALLAHABAD-211002 ,UTTER PRADESH,INDIA.
Smile Re: Can BCA students without Maths in their 12th do MCA?

Sorry no chance because mca has alot of maths and logorithum u can do mba it will give u better job
15th May 2011, 07:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

If u have completed bca degree then its possible to go for mca.......those who r belongs bsc(math) are also elligible for mca...........
15th May 2011, 09:34 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

If you did BCA without having Mathematics at 10+2 then definetly you would be eligible for MCA.
IGNOU provide MCA to those who haven't mathematics at 10+2. You need to study one extra subject MTE (which is mathematics subject) during all the semester of MCA.
15th May 2011, 11:01 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

NO, mathematics in 12th is one the eligibility criteria for MCA, without this , you cannt pursue MCA.
26th May 2011, 10:00 AM
stranger351

For MCA Maths is compulsory subject..
But if you have maths in your BCA then no need of Maths in intermediate..
Means that if you have Maths in BCA then you are eligible for taking admission in MCA,,...
2nd June 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Should it is necessary to pass 12th maths to do MCA if we already done statistics in bca part 2?
14th June 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

B.C.A can be done after 10th
16th June 2011, 03:46 PM
sachin6

Ya you can do the mca .it is a good course.please do it immediately and get more job opporunities.
7th July 2011, 01:55 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do MCA, because you are a BCA student.

But it is also true that many colleges want maths in 12th to get admission in MCA.

For example,

IGNOU is one of the best universuty for pursuing MCA.

But if you don't have maths in 12th, then you have to do a course on CS in the first year of MCA in IGNOU.

Likewise, different universities have their own different rules.

And they take a yearly entrance exam to take admission.

There are many entrance exams taking place all over India for MCA....

But you will not get admission in many of the universities because you did not have maths in 12th.

So you can apply for some few universities or may be in those universities which have some alternatives for those who did not have maths in 12th like you.....
10th July 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i m a student of bca 2nd yr.
mujhe ye janna h k bca final yr m ek maths ka paper hota h.jo k wo students dete h jinhe mca krna hota h.mujhe us paper k bare m janna h.
ye paper kb dena hota h.
plz sir help me, i want to do mca after bca.
so its uegent................
12th July 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of BCA 3rd year
mera 12th main maths nahi tha to main MCA kar sakta hoon kya
or maine BCA main bhi maths nahi liya tha multimedia choice kiya tha please tell me sir my email id [email protected]
21st July 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

sir iam 12 passed out with commerce stream and completed graduation level with bca sir can i eligiblr for getting admission in pune university please reply sir
thanking u....
[email protected]
21st July 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

sir iam 12 passed out with commerce stream and completed graduation level with bca sir can i eligible for getting admission in pune university please reply sir
thanking u....
[email protected]
4th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my bca with out maths in 12th.we have discrete maths and probability as a subject in bca.now is it possible to do
mca?if not can you provide the list of colleges offering mca with out maths in 12th.
24th October 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i am purusing BCA final year in marshi dayanand university (ajmer).i want to do MCA but have some problem that i had not maths in 12th standard .i have informatics practices in 12th .and in BCA also not had maths subject .can you tell me can i give the MCA exam or not.if math is complusry so can i give single math paper in same bored that i passed 12 th .if maths is not compulsory so can you give me the list of MCA college in under the rajasthan where maths is not requries in 12 .thanku sir
25th February 2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Can A BCA Student Without Maths In their 12th Do Pre MCA Entrance Test Reply if any one Knows about that
13th March 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

i m too confused i'll complete my bca bt i dnt hv maths in 12th kindly answered me should i eligible for mca rpl me soon....
[email protected]
26th March 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

can bca student with biology in their 12th do mca?
20th June 2012, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Hey, i m good in computer (c ) but my maths is not good i want to do bca and mca. Is this will be good for me. Is there any easy maths in bca like statictics and probability.....
HELP ME> CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME THE SYLLABUS OF BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?