22nd November 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Best college in India for Astrphysics? One should choose Physics or Astrophysics in graduation?

My son is in 12th class and he wants to make his career in astrophysics. Please help me with the best colleges in INDIA which teach astrophysics. Secondly, does he choose physics or astrophysics subject for this?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  2. List of universities which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  3. List of universities which offer M.Sc in Astrophysics to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India and Abroad? Eligibility to get admission?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for B.Sc in astrophysics and which colleges offer this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) after pursuing B.Sc in Physics? Difference among Astrophysics and Physics?
  6. How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?
  7. How can I do post graduate studies in Astrophysics in UK after B.Sc in physics in India?
  8. Can I do Post Graduation in Astrophysics being a candidate of going to finish Graduation in Physics in the next year?
  9. Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India?
  10. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  11. Eligibility criteria for doing Post Graduation in Astrophysics subject?
  12. What is the scope of Astrophysics field? Which post graduate course is good in this field?
  13. Procedure followed to do Astrophysics after completion of B.Sc Physics?
  14. In which college or school we should get admission to specialize in Astrophysics?
  15. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  16. How to get admission for M.Sc. course in Astrophysics stream in IIT?
  17. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  18. What is the qualification to take Astrophysics?
22nd November 2017, 07:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best college in India for Astrphysics? One should choose Physics or Astrophysics in graduation?

List of Astrophysics colleges in India:

Gulbarga University, Gulbarga

Karnataka city college, Bangalore

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore

St Xavier's College, Kolkata

Saha Institute of nuclear physics, Kolkata

Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar, Odisha

Panjab University, Chandigarh, Punjab

If you want to join graduation course in astrophysics then I would like to suggest you to complete your 10 + 2 with PCM from a recognised board and then to appear in the JEE examination and after that you have to choose astrophysics as your stream for doing BTech in astrophysics.
22nd November 2017, 09:19 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Best college in India for Astrphysics? One should choose Physics or Astrophysics in graduation?

Since your son wants to make his career in Astrophysics, then it is quite clear that he should choose Astrophysics in graduation. Look both Physics and Astrophysics posses good scope and career opportunities but in different field, so choosing any of the two depends on one's personal preference, interest and set future goal.
Below I have listed name of colleges in India for Astrophysics:
>Osmania University
Address: Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444
>Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
Address: VidyaVihar Campus, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031
Phone: 01596 245 073
>Cochin University of Science and Technology
Address: South Kalamassery, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala 682022
Phone: 0484 257 7550
>Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune
Address: Pune University Campus, Spicer College Road, Opp. Botanical Garden, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
Phone: 020 2571 9000
>Indian Institute of Science
Address: CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
>Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Address: II Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034
Phone: 080 2553 0675
22nd November 2017, 09:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

List of colleges in India offering B tech in Astrophysics:

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.

MP Birla Planetarium, Kolkata

Osmania University, Hyderabad

Punjab University, Patiala

Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

One has to pass the Joint Entrance Engineering exam and after that if you will get higher rank you will get particular stream in your engineering degree course. And according to your stream you will have subject choice.
22nd November 2017, 10:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

List of some of the Colleges offering B.Sc in Astrophysics in India:-

Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune.
Address: Pune University Campus, Spicer College Road, Opp. Botanical Garden, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
Phone: 020 2571 9000

Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Address: CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012

Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, Pilani
Address: VidyaVihar Campus, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031
Phone: 01596 245 073

JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad
Address: Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500085
Phone: 040 3242 2253

Address: II Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034
Phone: 080 2553 0675

Osmania University
Address: Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444

Institute of Fundamental Research, Tamil Nadu
Address: Post Bag 8, Ooty, Vannarapettai, Ooty (Ootacamund) (Udhagamandalam), Tamil Nadu 643001
Phone: 0423 255 0334

Both the above mentioned stream have a good scope in the upcoming future. It all depends upon the candidate's desire that what he/she want to study according to the career. According to me, Astrophysics has a very good career opportunities in the upcoming future. So opting Astrophysics, as a career will be a good option.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?