31st March 2016, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

Which board should be preferred - ICSE or Gujarat board?

My daughter is studying in cbse board school in 9th standard. But her performance this year found not satisfactory. So i am quite worried about her future. So tell me which board should i continue cbse board or switch over to Gujarat board?

Related Questions:
  1. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  2. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for H.S. education?
  3. Should I migrate to another Board to study in Medical college of Gujarat being an ICSE student?
  4. Which board to choose between ICSE, CBSE and Gujarat State board?
  5. Should i change my board from ICSE to Gujarat board for medical?
  6. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  7. Procedure to transfer from ICSE Board to Gujarat State Board for 11th standard?
  8. Number of seats available in Gujarat, CBSE and ICSE Boards for Schooling?
  9. Number of seats available in ICSE at Gujarat after 12th? Which board is better?
  10. Which board is better for children in future? Percentage of seats available in Gujarat board, CBSE and ICSE?
  11. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which board is best to choose - Maharashtra State Board or ICSE?
  13. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  14. Scope of science stream of ICSE board in Gujarat?
  15. Which board should i prefer among ISC and GSEB? Which board is suitable for Gujarat students?
  16. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  17. What are the advantages to study in ICSE Board over State Board?
  18. ICSE Board student can do SSC privately?
31st March 2016, 10:04 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board should be preferred - ICSE or Gujarat board?

Gujarat board is more better as compared to ICSE board this is only because ICSE board is more tougher than other boards but it is more better to study in CBSE board because CBSE board is more beneficial and more useful than Gujarat board or ICSE board.
CBSE board is important because entire syllabus of exam such as IIT-JEE, PMT is based on CBSE board.
31st March 2016, 10:47 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

I would like to suggest you to continue in the CBSE board only. Nowadays CBSE board has more demand than any other board in our country because most of the competitive exams like engineering, medical entrances are based on the CBSE pattern. If her performance is not satisfactory in the CBSE board then it doesn't mean that you will change her board to some other board . Try something to give her better coaching. Encourage her that she can also perform very well.
31st March 2016, 11:29 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

If your daughter got less marks in the 9th standard then you should take care of her coaching and study style rather than going for changing the school board. My suggestion to you is that you should not go for any other board than your current board. CBSE is one of the best board for excellent education along with preparation for competitive exams. To safe her future, now you have to find out in which subject she had scored less marks. Ask her to join coaching classes of that particular subject and try to avoid mental stress. Take care of healthy diet for good memory.
31st March 2016, 03:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

CBSE is an Educational Board in India that offers students classes from pre-primary to class 10+2. While the State Council Educational Research and Training (SCERT) has an affiliation to the government of that particular state.

The CBSE syllabus offers education in a more scientific method, the state syllabus gives more importance to practical implication of related subjects. The main difference is that, CBSE Board is considered much better than the State Boards. Students of the CBSE have an advantage over the State as the syllabus of the CBSE will be the same all over the nation. In case the students transfer from one state to another, the transition will be marginally easier for them. This would not be similar in case of the State syllabus students. It would be difficult for some to adjust to the syllabus of another Government school.
So, let your ward study in the CBSE Board only as it is the best among others.
31st March 2016, 04:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I would suggest you to let your daughter be in CBSE board itself and ask her to pay attention toward her studies and try to score well in her examination. However, there is no issue if you change her board of education but suddenly the change of education pattern can harm her studies more.

Moreover, CBSE board is not that tough to score marks in. She just has to devote some extra time and study in a proper manner to be able to score better in her examination.
31st March 2016, 05:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Change of board will have very less effect on performance of a candidate because syllabus is more or less same and so your daughter needs to study well if she want to score better in tenth board examination.

Let her continue with Central Board of Secondary Education because out of all these boards like CBSE, ICSE, Gujarat State Board, CBSE is the best board and the easiest board of all in which candidate can score better.

You can get here admitted in good coaching where teachers have personal interaction with students so that they can work on areas in which your daughter lag so that she can build good strong concepts and perform well.
31st March 2016, 08:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you do comparison between ICSE and Gujarat Board then ICSE is the best board because of its curriculum and knowledge it imparts to candidates from secondary to higher secondary preparing a strong base for competitive examinations.

But you must allow your daughter to study in same board in which she is studying at present as it will help her when you will change board it will take time and she may not be able to adapt to changed curriculum.
31st March 2016, 09:01 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

CBSE is the best board in India. I suggest you do not change the board until she passed 12th class. CBSE is a central board while Gujarat board is a state board. The truth is that she learns more in CBSE board as compared to any other state board. One more thing every national level entrance exam follows CBSE syllabus.
31st March 2016, 09:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You should not attempt to switch the board of education of your daughter at this moment. This is because she is well settled under the CBSE curriculum. She knows the pattern and well adapted to the CBSE curriculum along with comfortable in the current surrounding. Moreover, ICSE board is tougher. Hence, rather than changing the board of education of your daughter, guide your daughter to study well and prepare well for the exams and score well. Give her the confidence and guidance and she will definitely do well in future.
1st April 2016, 12:43 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

One thing I must confirm you that is CBSE Board is National Level Board where as Gujarat board is state level board. When compared with State level board you will be having some difficulty in the level of study.

So once you confirm with that make sure to take a good decission. Here I have given you the all the detailed information.
15th April 2016, 11:59 PM
Quantum reply

I suggest you to remain your daughter in CBSE board. Because the CBSE pattern is very easy. In CBSE the marking pattern is also easy. CBSE is undertaken by the union government of India. CBSE is the best board for your daughter. Because ICSE and Gujarat boards are tough than CBSE. So it will be good if your daughter will remain in CBSE board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?