10th June 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Can girl candidates get Officer post in Indian Army with 12th from commerce stream?

I am 12th passed girl from Commerce stream. My age is 25 . Can I get job in Indian Amy as an officer or in Military Base Hospital in II grade or III grade post? I am very much interested in this field. Please reply

11th June 2015, 12:17 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can girl candidates get Officer post in Indian Army with 12th from commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 12th passed girl from Commerce stream. My age is 25 . Can I get job in Indian Amy as an officer or in Military Base Hospital in II grade or III grade post? I am very much interested in this field. Please reply
No girls cannot join in Indian Army which is a defence force of India after completing +2 as they are not eligible at this stage to join in the force. There are entrance exams which are needed to be written in order to apply for the defence services and as per that after completing +2 candidate can apply for NDA Exam.

This exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year, but you cannot apply for the exam, because you are not satisfying the martial status needed for the exam. The needed martial status is candidate should be a unmarried male candidate. Being a girl you cannot apply for the exam.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th June 2015, 01:01 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can girl candidates get Officer post in Indian Army with 12th from commerce stream?

If you want to join Indian army as an officer then you have to join via special women scheme, for that your age limit should be between 19-24 years and you should be graduate from any recognised university and you have to go through cds examination. But as your age is 25 years then I doubt that you get admission in Indian army as an officer post.
11th June 2015, 01:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, a girl candidates can not apply Indian Army after 12th standard but after completion of graduation degree, you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
11th June 2015, 01:24 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

No dear, girls can have an option to be a part of the great indian army only after the graduation .

After the stages of defense selection procedure,you will be working as an officer,and will get 3 -4 transfers in service.
11th June 2015, 01:40 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

With this age and Qualification you are not eligible to apply for Indian Army. And one more reason is " Being a Female candidate " you are not eligible to apply for Indian Army with 12th qualification.

Actually there is a Exam called " NDA ( National Defense Academy) for 12th candidates. But candidates must be Unmarried Male candidates. Female candidates are not allowed to apply for NDA.

For further details regarding the Officer Cadre in Indian Army you can have a look on the below information.

<> You must complete at least graduation for female candidates.

<> There is a Exam called : Combined Defense Services for graduate students.

<> Age should be in between 19 to 24 years and there is Age relaxation for the reserved candidates as per government norms.

<> For this you must complete at least graduation with minimum percentage of marks.

To know more exams to join in Indian Army you can visit this Website. Click here to view the Exams for Female candidates in Indian Army.
11th June 2015, 02:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, surely you can get a job in Indian Army, but for that you will have to fulfill the following below mentioned eligibility criteria;

Eligibility for Joining Indian army:

. You should be HS passed from a recognised University.

. Minimum marks should be 60% in both 10th as well as 12th.

. English should be one of the main subjects in your boards, i.e. in 10th & 12th and should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in it.

. You should be a citizen of India.

. You Should be unmarried at the time of applying for the exam.

. You must not have any Physical or mental disabilities.

. Your age should be in between 16.5 - 19 years

. Minimum height should be 157 cm
11th June 2015, 09:38 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to join in Indian Army after completion of their 12th standard. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to join in Indian Army by appearing in NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
11th June 2015, 10:53 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, a girl can't get Officer post in Indian Army with 12th from commerce stream.

Girl are not eligible for any officer entry after 12th class. Girl candidate must have to complete her graduation to apply for Indian Army.

After graduation you can apply for following entries :
  • SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION TECHNICAL WOMEN ( After graduation in Engineering )
  • SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION NON TECHNICAL WOMEN ( After any graduation )
For more details please visit : http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
11th June 2015, 11:44 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can girl candidates get Officer post in Indian Army with 12th from commerce stream?

For officer post you must need to clear NDA (National defense Academy) exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year but this test is only for boys so you cannot appear in the exam because you are female candidate and you age also didn't eligible for NDA criteria you just be in between 16.5 years to 19 years. so you are not eligible for Officer post but you can go for CDS exam after graduation for officer post in indian army
11th June 2015, 12:07 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Girl can not get Officer post in Indian Army after 12th standard. NDA exam stands for National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Army, Navy and Air Force.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply NDA exam. Girl are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA exam eligibility:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized board with science stream to join Indian Air force and Navy.

Any stream for Indian Army

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

NDA exam Selection Process:

Written exam which consist Mathematics and General Ability

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
11th June 2015, 12:08 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

No you will not be able to get this post as you are from the commerce field.
If you were from the Science Field then you would have had a chance of getting the job but since you have passed your Class 12 from the Commerce Stream you will not be able to get the job.
You can try your luck in some other fields of the Government Sector though.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?