12th July 2015, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i become a Deck Cadet on my 12th (Commerce) qualification basis?

12th July 2015, 10:05 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Can i become a Deck Cadet on my 12th (Commerce) qualification basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for Deck Cadet on May 12th with Commerce stream. The applicant must complete their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university. The applicant age should be above 17 years to be eligible for Deck Cadet.
12th July 2015, 11:32 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become a Deck Cadet on my 12th (Commerce) qualification basis?

No, you can't become Deck Cadet after completing 12th with commerce. Candidate have to complete his/her 12th class with minimum 55% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Age limit : 16 to 24 years.
Eyesight : 6/6 with no colour blindness.
13th July 2015, 12:25 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become Deck cadet as far as your educational basis is concerned. The educational qualification required to join as deck cadets are given below in detail.

>> Candidates who have passed 12th Class in Science stream (with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) only are eligible to apply for this.

>> The minimum percentage candidates must have obtained 65% marks in PCM subjects from a recognized university. Since you are a commerce candidate, I am sorry to say that you cannot become Deck Cadet on 12th Class qualification basis.

(Or)

>> Candidates who have completed B.Sc with Physics as an individual subject in B.Sc with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.

(Or)

>> B.Tech/ B.E candidates are also eligible to become Deck cadet or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
13th July 2015, 01:23 AM
pointer01

Hello dear,

Sorry to say dear but, you cannot become Deck Cadet as being the commerce student.
Following is the eligibility criteria for Deck Cadet.

*Successful completion of class 12th with 55% minimum aggregate in PCM and 50% in english.
*Date of birth on or after 1st January 1986.
*Medically fit as per standard laid down by D.G Shipping.
* Eyesight 6x6 in each eye without visual aids and colour blindness.

So, you cannot apply for Deck Cadet as being the commerce student. Don,t worry you may apply for many other courses which you like. There are so many courses in Commerce stream also.

Best of luck for your future.
13th July 2015, 09:17 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Deck Cadet are professionals who chiefly safeguard the ship navigation and deals with loading and unloading of freight.

Bachelor degree in Nautical Science can become deck cadet in Merchant Navy.

Or

12th standard in PCM subject with at least 60% marks from a recognized board are eligible for same.

Minimum age is 17 years to become deck cadet.

Therefore you can not become Deck Cadet on basic 12th commerce.

You have to choose another career option.
13th July 2015, 03:10 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

No, you cannot become a Deck Cadet on the basis of 12th Commerce. The candidate who has completed his/her 12th exams with minimum of 60% in PCM and with 50% of marks in English in first attempt can apply for the Deck Cadet Post. So if you have completed your 12th in commerce basis you can not become Deck Cadet officer. To become Deck Cadet, you need to complete graduation in B.Sc in PCM or B.Sc Electronics with Physics.
13th July 2015, 03:24 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you can become a Deck Cadet on the basis of the 12th Commerce Qualification basis.
You need to be a 12th Pass student to be eligible for becoming a Deck Cadet.
So regarding your qualification you have the required qualification to become a Deck Cadet.
You must join the course of Deck Cadet after cracking the Entrance Examination and once you do so you must complete the course to become a Deck Cadet.
13th July 2015, 04:05 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No sir you are not eligible for deck cadet post in Merchant Navy as you are a commerce student. For this post you have to complete your 12th standard with subject combination Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & Optional.

You must have proper mental & physical health as if you want to join merchant navy as deck cadet.

Eye site must be 6/6 and you must not be color blind.

You have to undergo Pre Sea training before joining the Merchant Navy. To join as a Marine Engineer you have to complete B.Sc Nautical Sciences or Marine Engineering course.

For getting admission in any course then you have to give entrance exam. As if you qualify this exam then you will get admission in top reputed marine college in India.
13th July 2015, 05:45 PM
Swetanandrocks
Junior Member+

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot become a Deck Cadet after the completion of your 12th(commerce) as the minimum qualification required in order to opt for Deck Cadet examination is that a candidate should have completed his 12th examination with Science background with PCM as their main subjects with a minimum of 60% of marks.
13th July 2015, 09:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Being a Commerce stream student, you are not eligible for Navy Deck Cadet. To join Merchant Navy as Deck Cadet, you must have completed the 12th standard with physics, chemistry and maths. Since, you belong from Commerce stream, you are not eligible to join in the Merchant Navy as Deck Cadet.

Official website - www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
11th August 2015, 06:33 PM
Varun3797

Question Re: Can i become a Deck Cadet on my 12th (Commerce) qualification basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsaini.saini522 View Post
Deck Cadet are professionals who chiefly safeguard the ship navigation and deals with loading and unloading of freight.

Bachelor degree in Nautical Science can become deck cadet in Merchant Navy.

Or

12th standard in PCM subject with at least 60% marks from a recognized board are eligible for same.

Minimum age is 17 years to become deck cadet.

Therefore you can not become Deck Cadet on basic 12th commerce.

You have to choose another career option.

So, can I again start from 11th class in PCM stream after completing 12th class in commerce field? I have already completed my 12th in commerce stream in Telangana Board. But As my dream is to get career in Pre-Seas career (Merchant Navy or Indian Navy). I didn't know that we need to do 12th PCM for getting pre-seas or defence career. So, I wish to start from again class 11th in science stream to get into Merchant Navy as Deck Cadet. I heard of NIOS (National Institute Of Open School) that we can do appear for Sr. Secondary studies again and I will choose to science stream this time.

So, my question is, if I can do like that, then how can I do it? And I don't care of two years wastege, coz I want a career of my dream, so no matter how many years it would take, I will go for it!

Please provide me procedures to start again from 11th class in science stream in NIOS for correspondence course. As I have my brother in the same class (cbse) this year in DAV school and is too intelligent to help me with my 11th class studies. So, I will go with distance learning course.

And I want to make sure, that will I get into Merchant Navy as Deck Cadet after completing 12th class again in PCM after 2 years, when my age will be 20? (Now my age is 18) Thank you.
24th November 2015, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Can i become deck cadet on the besis of my diploma in mechanical engineering? Please give me guidance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?