15th June 2016, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission on 12th marks basis?

Sir/Ma'am
This year i have appeared in 12th BSEB board.I predict to get 60%-65%. Due to some reason I will not be able to take JEE main exams. Can I get admission in government engneering college on board result basis?

15th June 2016, 07:08 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission on 12th marks basis?

** Yes you can get admission on 12th marks basis but as per your marks in 12th exam i.e 60%-65% you are not eligible to get admission in government college.

** To get direct admission in the engineering college you would need to score between 80 to 90% in 12th.

** As per my knowledge mostly colleges give admissions on the basis of entrance examination.
15th June 2016, 07:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't get admission in Government engineering college on basis of your 12th standard board examination marks. To be eligible to get admission in Government engineering college, you must have to appear and qualify engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, KCET, MHT CET, etc.,. But, you can get admission in private engineering colleges under Management quota seats on basis of your 12th standard board examination marks.
15th June 2016, 09:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, admission in government engineering college is not conducted on the basis of score in board examination result.

So, you will not be eligible to get admission on board percentage. If you want to get admission in engineering course you have to wait for next year to appear and qualify in JEE or BCECE examination.
15th June 2016, 10:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, admission in any engineering college is not possible without entrance exam and 12th marks only are not enough.

Hence, either you appear for JEE Main or any other state level engineering entrance exam for admission.
15th June 2016, 11:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, if you have not appeared in Mains but appeared inn other engineering entrance examination such as BECEC, WBJEE, COMEDK etc..and qualify in it then you are eligible to get admission in government colleges.

But admission in engineering colleges are not conducted on basis of score in board examination.

So, you have to wait for next year to appear for examination and after qualifying in it eligible for final admission in government colleges.
16th June 2016, 11:12 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge no you are not eligible to get admission on 12th marks basis in government engineering college. For admission in Engineering you must have to appear for the Joint entrance examination. If you score more than 90% in your class 12th then you are eligible for direct admission in engineering college but you have 60%-65% in 12th so sorry to say you are not eligible for engineering without Joint entrance examination.
16th June 2016, 06:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Ma'am
This year i have appeared in 12th BSEB board.I predict to get 60%-65%. Due to some reason I will not be able to take JEE main exams. Can I get admission in government engneering college on board result basis?

The admission to the engineering colleges will be done through the marks scored in 12th standard in Tamil Nadu.
There is no entrance examination for the admission to the engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. The merit list will be prepared with the marks scored in 12th and counseling will be done on the basis of merit list.
But in some other states the admission will be based on the 12th marks and the entrance examination conducted by the state government technical board. So you have to check the status in your state.
16th June 2016, 09:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having secured even 65% aggregate in your board examination you are not eligible for seeking admission in any government engineering colleges where it is funded by State government or Central government on the basis of aggregate in board examination.

For getting admission in government engineering colleges you need to clear their respective entrance examination i.e; State EEE for admission in State government colleges where as JEE for admission in IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other centrally funded government engineering colleges.

For appearing in the same examination, you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with a minimum of 60% aggregate for appearing in JEE ( in case of State EEE, for 50% aggregate ) marks relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For more details about the procedure of seeking admission in these colleges as well as for details about entrance examination you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and respective official link of state EEE.
16th June 2016, 10:03 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such provision for it, even if you would have scored above 95% in your board examination, you would have not been eligible for admission in any government college directly without having appeared for your JEE(Main) entrance examination.

Only after clearing your entrance examination and having scored good in it, you will be most eligible for admission in any government college to continue with your studies.
25th April 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

I had secured 87 percent in 12th, now can I get admission in Tamil Nadu only based on my IPE marks with out any entrance test
8th June 2018, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

In UPTU,we find colleges on the basis of our rank.when we go to take admission in that college, good marks of class 12 is necessary I.e above 60 percent
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?