21st July 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIT if scored 441 marks in WBCHSE and 80 marks in JEE Main being a general student?

Sir,
I have got 80 marks in JEE Main and 441 marks in WBCHSE. I belongs to General category. So can I get admission to NIT? Kindly let me know about this immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) in any good private college of Kolkata if scored 104 marks in JEE Main and expecting 60% in WBCHSE being a General student? Expected All India Rank? -- [New]
  2. Will I get admission in any NIT specially in NIT-Trichy if scored 171 marks except drawing in JEE Mains being a ST student?
  3. Do I stand a chance to get admission in NIT with 84 marks in JEE Mains?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  5. Can I get admission into NIT with 74 marks in JEE?
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  7. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 45 marks in JEE Main being a ST candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 49 marks in JEE Main and secured 93.4% in 12th JK Board exam?
  9. Can I study Mechanical Engineering in NIT if scored 69 marks in JEE Main being a SC candidate?
  10. Can I get admission in NIT or IIIT engineering college? I have scored 55 marks in JEE mains
  11. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 95 marks in JEE Main and 970 marks in 12th?
  12. Can I get admission in NIT college after scoring 52 marks in IIT JEE?
  13. Can I get admission in NIT/DTU if scored 79 marks in JEE Main?
  14. Can I get admission to study B.Tech in NIT if scored 80 marks in Maths, 70 marks in Chemistry and 50 marks in Physics of JEE Main?
  15. Can I get admission in NIT, Trichy/Calicut/Jaipur if scored 171 marks in JEE Main Paper-II?
  16. Minimum marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  17. Should I repeat if not scored good marks in 12th WBCHSE Board exam and JEE Main?
  18. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
29th July 2015, 04:27 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT if scored 441 marks in WBCHSE and 80 marks in JEE Main being a general student?

No, you can't get admission in NIT if scored 441 marks in WBCHSE and 80 marks in JEE Main being a general student.

Admission in NIT is based on your marks in JEE Main exam. As a General candidate your score must be above 170 marks to get admission in NIT.
With a score of 80 marks you are not eligible to get admission in NIT.
30th July 2015, 11:22 AM
pointer01

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT if scored 441 marks in WBCHSE and 80 marks in JEE Main being a general student?

NIT stands for National Institutes of Technology.NIT is a group of highly respected public engineering institutes in India governed by respective state governments.
Admission to undergraduate engineering/architecture programs for candidates of India at NIT's shall include the performance in class 12th exam/other Qualifying Examination ans score in the joint Entrance Exam. JEE Main Counselling admission to NIT will start immediately after the declaration for JEE Main result.

So, you can not get admission in NIT as your rank is low.
31st July 2015, 02:24 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say this but you are not eligible to get admission to NIT.
The cut off marks for the JEE Main to be eligible for JEE Advanced this year was 105 and you have got only 80 marks so you are not eligible for the JEE Advanced Examination so it basically means you are not eligible to get admission to NIT.
You can try next year with better preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?