14th April 2018, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 51% in 12th Science?

I have studied Science in my 12th class. But I have achieved only 51% in my Board exam. Now I am thinking to take BCA in my Graduation. I can take admission in BCA with this percentage of marks?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 66% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  3. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?
  4. Should I study BCA if secured 54% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  5. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  6. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 58.2% in 12th Science? List of colleges in Delhi?
  7. Can I be eligible for BCA after securing 66% marks from science in class 12th?
  8. Eligibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 44% in 12th? List of colleges in Kerala?
  9. Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?
  10. Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 38% in 12th Mathematics?
  11. How can I get admission to study BTech through JEE Main if secured 49% in 12th Science? -- [New]
  12. Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA?
  13. Which is better to study among BBA and BCA for a candidate who has secured 74% in 12th Commerce?
  14. Can I get admission in WBUT BCA if secured 56.77% in 12th Science and scored 30 marks in Mathematics and 64 marks in Computer Science?
  15. Can I study B.Tech after completing BCA?
  16. Which is better to study among B.Sc(IT) and BCA after completing 12th Science? What kind of jobs I will get if pursue BCA?
  17. Undergraduate courses for a candidate who has secured less than 50% in 12th Science?
  18. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
8th May 2018, 09:39 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 51% in 12th Science?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in BCA course after completion of your 12th standard Science stream with 51% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics as one of the subject from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. Admissions in BCA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. Since, you have passed your 12th standard with Science stream, you are eligible to get admission to pursue BCA course.
8th May 2018, 10:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application and it is three year course. It is a vocational course.

Admission in the course is conducted on the basis of entrance examination conducted by institutes.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper. But, some of the institutes offer admission to candidates passed 12th in any stream.

The required minimum aggregate to appear for examination varies with examination.

So, detail information regarding the admission visit at official website of the institute.
8th May 2018, 12:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have studied Science in my 12th class. But I have achieved only 51% in my Board exam. Now I am thinking to take BCA in my Graduation. I can take admission in BCA with this percentage of marks?

Yes, you can get admission to study BCA course in some colleges after scoring 51% marks in 12th science. It is very difficult to get admission in reputed colleges with 51% marks in 12th for the BCA course. You can apply for private colleges for studying the BCA course. Most of the colleges admit students on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examinations. Some colleges may also conduct an entrance test for the admission. You should have studied mathematics as a subject in 12th for getting admission to the BCA course.
8th May 2018, 02:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue BCA course:

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required in order to pursue this BCA course.

>> Candidates must have completed their 12th class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.

>> Minimum age required to pursue is 17 years and maximum age must not exceed 24 years in order to be eligible.

>> In general, the minimum percentage required in 12th class is 45% for some colleges and 50% marks for some of the colleges.

>> As you have secured more than 50% marks, I can say that you are eligible to pursue this course. Admission is generally done based on the merit secured in 12th class.
8th May 2018, 04:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get admission to study BCA after the completion of class 12th after scoring 51% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination studying Mathematics as a subject scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the BCA course.
8th May 2018, 10:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the universities give admission in BCA degree though entrance exam and you should have at least 50% marks in class 12th to become eligible to apply.

Hence, your 12th marks don't have much say in the admission. You need to perform excellently in the entrance exam to get admission at a top college.
9th May 2018, 05:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue BCA after scoring 51% in 12th board examination.
Some of the colleges/universities are as follows:-
Bihar University
Patna University
Punjab University
Christ University
Andhra University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?