29th July 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Can i give JEE Advance after failing twice in JEE MAIN?

29th July 2015, 11:24 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i give JEE Advance after failing twice in JEE MAIN?

No, you can't give JEE Advance after failing twice in JEE Main.
Candidate can only appear in JEE Main exam twice and to appear in JEE Advance, candidate have to be in top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main.
If your have failed twice in JEE Main then there is no chance for you to appear in JEE Advance.
29th July 2015, 11:30 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to write the JEE Advanced exam if you don't qualify in the JEE Mains exam. However, you can write JEE Mains for 3 times in consecutive years. Therefore, you can take the exam for last time and get qualified to write the JEE Advanced exam.
30th July 2015, 12:01 AM
rrooxx

**no,you can't give the JEE advance exam if yoy have fail in JEE main exam.
**The number of attempt for JEE main is three.
**so you need to clear the JEE main exam in one attempt to eligible for JEE advance.

::::The following are the eligibility criteria for JEE advance---->>>

--->Only the top 1,50,000 candidates who qualify in the Paper 1 of JEE Main 2015 are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced 2015.

--->Candidates must be born on or after October 01, 1990 (after October 01, 1985 for SC/ST/PwD candidates)

--->Candidates must be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards and categories

--->Candidates must have secured 60% (55% for SC/ST/PD) in their Class XII or equivalent examination if they have passed for the first time in 2014.

--->In case the percentile score is not available, the CBSE cut-off score for the top 20 percentile for the student’s category will be used to check the eligibility of the candidate....
30th July 2015, 12:17 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can use your maximum attempts for JEE Main but for JEE Advance you need to qualify Main with a excellent score. Only those who are good will be called for Advanced stage. Therefore, try to prepare well this time if your attempts are left. Once you clear first stage with good marks then there is no doubt that you will become eligible for Advanced stage.
30th July 2015, 12:28 AM
pointer01

No without qualify JEE Mains you cannot apply for JEE Advanced. To qualify JEE advanced you must have following criteria on the basis of which you can qualify JEE Advanced-

Performance in JEE(Main)-50% marks for general category, 15% marks for SC/ST and 27% for OBC.
Age limit-The candidate should have been born on or after 1 October, 1990. For OBC and ST/SC there is relaxation of 5 years.
Number of Attempts-You can apply only for two times.
You must have 12th passed.

So, it is clear from above description that you cannot apply for JEE advanced without qualifying JEE mains.
30th July 2015, 12:31 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot directly give JEE Advance Examination and even without giving JEE Main Examination. So remember to give JEE Advance Examination, you must first qualify JEE Mains Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for JEE Main Examination is "12th Class" or its equivalent degree from a recognized university. But in some cases you may even given JEE Advance based on the Institute criteria but not in general. The Eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Advanced Examination as well as the Eligibility for admission to several institutes may differ and hence the candidates must make sure he/ she adheres to the required criteria. In General, the basic criteria one must meet is to be eligible for giving JEE Advanced Examination, candidate must be among the top 1,50,000 in JEE Main Examination. So I suggest you to start very good preparation for JEE Main examination and Appear in JEE Advanced Examination after passing JEE Main Examination.
30th July 2015, 12:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you can not give JEE Advance exam without qualifying in JEE Main exam.

Those candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank (including all categories) in JEE Main examination are eligible for JEE Advanced exam 2016.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
30th July 2015, 12:54 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to give JEE Advanced after failing JEE Main examination twice. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is two times that too in two consecutive years and to appear in JEE Advance examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Candidates who have qualified JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. Since, you have failed twice in your JEE Main examination, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
30th July 2015, 08:54 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can not give JEE Advance after failing twice in JEE Mains exam.

Eligibility for JEE Advanced exam:

You should be top in 150000 candidates including all categories

Your date of birth must be on or after October 1, 1990

An aspirant can attempt JEE Advanced maximum twice in consecutive years, once in the year of qualifying examination and next time in the following year.
30th July 2015, 09:41 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For your kind information i want to tell you that if you are failed in the JEE main exam then you are not allowed to appear in the JEE advance exam.

For appearing in the JEE advance exam you must have to fulfill below given eligibility criteria.

Eligibility for JEE advance :

** Only the top 1,50,000 (Approx.) candidates who qualify in the Paper 1 of JEE Main 2015 are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced 2015.

** Candidates must be born on or after October 01, 1990.

** Candidates must be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards and categories

** Candidates must have secured 60% (55% for SC/ST/PD) in their Class XII

Also A student can attempt JEE Advance maximum two times. and the paper 1 that is JEE main three times.

So you can try one more time in the JEE main exam and if you fulfill all above eligibility then you can go for the JEE advance exam.
30th July 2015, 09:54 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by the CBSE every year. It is a common entrance examination for the admission in the B.E and B.tech courses in government and private institution.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as Mains and the Advance. The candidates can appear in the Mains thrice while twice in the Advance.

To appear in the Advance examination it is necessary to qualify in the Mains. So you are not eligible to appear in the Advance after not qualifying in the Mains.

The application for the next year JEE examination will be available from the November or December. For more information visit at the www.cbse.nic.in
30th July 2015, 12:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the motto of the examination is the selection of deserving students for their bachelor degree course related to technical field from the top government engineering colleges such as IIT, IIIT, NIT and ISM. The examinations is held by CBSE once every year.

The examination is held in two stages which are JEE Mains and JEE Advance respectively.

The educational qualification required for appearing in the JEE Main is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with at least 50% aggregate in each.

But for the JEE Advance, you need to have that much percentage in your 12th board examinations that keeps you among the top 20 percentile students of your respective board. Also you need to qualify the JEE Mains also.

So, since you have not qualified the JEE Main twice so you are not eligible for the JEE Advance.

But you have one more chance with you as the maximum attempts provided for clearing the JEE Main is three attempts.

For any other queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of JEE i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in
30th July 2015, 01:02 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Yes you can give JEE main paper this year but this one is your last chance because each student can appear only 3 times in JEE exam and as you mention that you fails twice in the same that means its your last chance prepare best from your side and then appear in the test
30th July 2015, 01:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that you have failed in the Joint Entrance Examination two times, you are not eligible for the Joint Entrance examination Advanced examination now because there are only two consecutive attempts for the JEE advanced.

For example if a candidate has done 10+2 from a recognized board in 2015, he/she can appear in JEE mains in 2015, 2016, 2017 and once you clear mains exam with good rank, you become eligible for advanced stage then the candidate is eligible for advanced stage in 2015 and 2016 only .

In simple, words you can attempt JEE advanced only twice, if you failed in JEE mains twice , you are no more eligible for Advanced stage. Now you have one attempt left for JEE Mains exam and if you perform well in the exam and have good percentage of marks, you can get admission in National Institute of technology or other government engineering colleges.
30th July 2015, 05:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No there is no possibility that you can appear for the JEE advanced after failing in the Joint Entrance examination mains twice because there are only two consecutive attempts in advanced stage.

A candidate must qualify the mains exam to appear for the advanced stage. Since you have appeared for mains two times and got failed in both, you are no more eligible for advanced, however, you can apply for mains exam one more time but even if you clear the mains exam, you can not give advanced stage.
30th July 2015, 06:58 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

No, there is no chance to appear in the JEE after failing in JEE mains. The candidate must have to clear the JEE main to appear in the JEE Advance exam. JEE exam is conducted for providing the admission for eligible students in various colleges all over the country. These exam is conducted in two parts.
1. JEE MAIN
2. JEE Advance.

* The minimum eligibility to appear in JEE MAIN is, the candidate must have to completed his/her 12th with minimum of 60% of marks.

* The candidate who cleared the JEE MAIN exam is eligible for appear in JEE advance. So you are not eligible to appear in the JEE Advance exam.
30th July 2015, 07:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to appear in the Advance examination after not qualifying in the Mains Examination.

The examination is conducted by the JEE every year. So you have to qualify in the Mains examination in the next year to appear for the Advance examination.

But as you have given the two attempts for the JEE Main then even after qualifying in the Mains you are not eligible to appear for the Advance examination.

The application for the examination will be available on the official website of the CBSE. The examination paper of the Mains contains the question of the Mathematics, Physics and the Chemistry.

So if want to pursue the B.tech from the NIT and other government colleges you can appear in the Mains except for the IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?