24th May 2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA after completion of 12th NIOS with English, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science and Data Entry?

Hello Sir,
I am Annu from Meghalaya and I am doing 12th from NIOS Board. My subjects are English, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science and Data Entry. After completing my 12th I can study BCA?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission in correspondence BCA for 12th NIOS student?
  2. What should I study further if completed 12th NIOS Arts with Data Entry and Painting?
  3. What should I study further after completing 10th NIOS with English, Bengali, Political Science, Home Science, Sociology, Mass Communication and Data Entry?
  4. What should I study further after completing 10th NIOS?
  5. Which subject to choose after completing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  6. Possibility to study Marine after completion of 12th Accountancy? Does all colleges accepted NIOS certificate?
  7. Career opportunities for 12th NIOS student?
  8. Download English, Hindi and Data Entry solved question papers for 10th NIOS Board exam
  9. What are the subjects available for B.A in Thivandram?
  10. Which is better to study among BCA and B.Sc(IT) for 12th NIOS Science candidate?
  11. Is it possible to study Multimedia course for Arts student?
  12. What is the syllabus of History for TGT from JAC Ranchi
  13. Am I eligible to study BCA after completing 12th Science from NIOS?
  14. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Economics) if scored 95 marks in Political Science, 88 marks in Economics, 80 marks in Hindi, 79 marks in English and secured 85.5% in 12th Arts?
  16. Whether I am perfect to study LLB if secured 80% in 12th with Geography, Political Science and Hindi Sahitya being a village girl?
  17. Am I eligible to appear in IELTS being an NIOS candidate with Physics, Chemistry, English, Hindi and Home Science subjects?
  18. Can I get admission to study B.Sc in VNSG University if completed 12th Science from NIOS Board?
25th May 2016, 08:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA after completion of 12th NIOS with English, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science and Data Entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am Annu from Meghalaya and I am doing 12th from NIOS Board. My subjects are English, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science and Data Entry. After completing my 12th I can study BCA?
As per your 12th standard subject, you are not eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for the Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th standard in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be below 17 years.
25th May 2016, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA after completion of 12th NIOS with English, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science and Data Entry?

Most of the reputed universities will ask for maths at class 12th level for BCA admission in India. If you want admission in a top university then you will be disappointed.

There are some open Universities like IGNOU which offer BCA admission to even arts stream students. Hence, you can go for such courses.
26th May 2016, 12:28 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Sir,
In many colleges the eligibility to study BCA is a pass in 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects with the minimum of 50% marks. In some colleges they admit students who studied 10+2 like IGNOU. You have to find the college in your town and nearby for the admission. It is possible to study the course with your qualification in IGNOU. The eligibility to study the BCA in IGNOU is a 10+2 or equivalent. The website link is Official website
26th May 2016, 12:50 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hello Sir,
The minimum educational qualification needed to apply for BCA course is Intermediate course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board. However, some reputed colleges may prefer only those who completed their 12th standard with Mathematics subjects. So, first you must go through the respective university official website before applying for BCA course. If the university accept any stream students then you can apply for sure.

Eligibility Criteria:
  • The candidate must complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board.
  • The candidate must score at least 50% of marks.
  • The candidate studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard level.
26th May 2016, 05:02 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.
26th May 2016, 06:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much opt BCA course. Most of the universities require class 12 students to have a minimum of 50% marks in mathematics and as you have not studied mathematics at your +2 level, you might not get admission in top colleges. However, you should try for admission in various colleges and I am sure you will get through it.
26th May 2016, 09:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of BCA is Bachelor of Computer Application.

*The eligibility criteria for this course is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. NIOS is recognized board. English must be one of compulsory subject for BCA.

*But most of the top college of BCA prefers candidate who has taken mathematics in 10+2 board. You can get admission in BCA colleges but you may not be able to get admission in top college as they prefer mathematics in 10+2.
1st October 2018, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in electronics engineering on 2005, after 10th, now i am 30 years old, now i have completed NIOS 12th in commerce, and i would like study more while i am working, it is clear from your post that i can take a bachelor degree in BCA, so please advice me, what are the difficulties that i am going to face in BCA syllabus,
17th May 2021, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my 12 th in nios border and my my subject is Hindi, english, economic, painting, political science, so can I study BCA after complete my 12 th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?