10th May 2015, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in college to become a Software Engineer after 12th?

I have opted pcm in class 11 but in class 10 I got only 6.2 cgpa. Can I take admission in any college of software engineering after 12th. I am from lucknow public school..

12th May 2015, 05:34 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in college to become a Software Engineer after 12th?

Yes, you can join in Bachelor's courses like B.Tech(Computer Science or IT), after the completion of your 12th standard. You can join in these courses through Engineering entrance exam or through Management quota. If you want to join in these courses through Engineering entrance exam, then you should appear for State level or National Engineering entrance exams to which you are eligible. If you qualify in any of those exams, you can get admission in Engineering courses and the completion of course, you can learn programming languages like C, Java and you can apply for job in any software company.
12th May 2015, 09:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in college to become a Software Engineer after 12th?

Yes, definitely you can take admission in Engineering college after completion of your 12th standard to become a Software Engineer. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue this course. To get admission in Engineering course, you need to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like EAMCET, JEE, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of four years B.Tech course.
12th May 2015, 10:17 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I take admission in college to become a Software Engineer after 12th?

Yes you can take admission in Engineering college after 12th class because you studied PCM in 12th so you are eligible for engineering but for any good or reputed college you must need to score good marks in JEE(mains) Joint Entrance Exam after 12th class,conducted by Central board of secondary education , Admission in engineering college are provided on the behalf of JEE(Mains) marks .It's not an easy job to score good marks in JEE exam you must study harder and harder to score good marks in the exam

if you didn't score good marks in JEE exam then only private college provides you admission in Computer Science engineering ,but the truth is that there is no placement in private colleges and high fee structure as compared to government colleges ,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?