7th July 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can my daughter get admission in 1st without UKG?

Hi, my daughter is born on 24th April 2012. Now, she passed UKG standard. I should repeat her UKG or not. She can complete her syllabus completely. Will she be eligible for 1st CBSE standard. What should I do?

7th July 2017, 09:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my daughter get admission in 1st without UKG?

Yes, your child can get admission in 1st standard CBSE Board after passing UKG from another school. Your child can get admission in 1st standard CBSE Board even if she had completed her UKG from another school. To get admission for your child in first standard in CBSE Board school, you should have obtained Transfer certificate, UKG marksheet, etc., from your old school and submit it in the new school where you wish to take admission for your daughter in 1st standard.
8th July 2017, 02:53 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If your child has successfully passed UKG with good percentage then there is no need to repeat her in UKG standard one more time. But if you think that your child will not adopt 1st standard syllabus completely then you can go for this. But as per age your child is eligible to get admitted in 1st standard.
8th July 2017, 08:32 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your daughter can get admission in 1st standard in CBSE Board school even if she have passed UKG from any other school. The age criteria required to take admission in first standard in CBSE Board school is 5 years 6 months. Since, your daughter has not attained the age of 5 years 6 months, you need to wait for 4 more months to take admission in first standard in CBSE Board school.
9th July 2017, 12:06 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that your daughter is not eligible to get admission in CBSE 1st standard as because your daughter's age is below the required age criteria for CBSE 1st standard.
To get admission in CBSE 1st standard, the age of the candidate should not be less than 5 years and 6 months.
So, for now you are advised to admit your daughter in UKG, after completion of UKG she will become fully eligible for CBSE 1st standard.
10th July 2017, 08:59 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes , your daughter is eligible to get admission in class 1st. As per the criteria of educational boards a student must have minimum 5 years or 6 years of age. Mainly, the age limit criteria is for class 10th only. a candidate must have minimum 14 or maximum 16 years of age in class 10th for giving board exam.
So, as per the criteria your daughter is now eligible to take admission in class 1st.
For taking admission you have to visit school and follow the procedure of admission. The school will conduct a test in which she has to perform well. After that she will get admission.
23rd May 2020, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

My daughter has not studied ukg ,can she get admission to 1STD cbse...she has completed her lkg...bcos of the situation of covid....I couldn't join her....so next year wil she get admission to 1STD
25th May 2020, 03:50 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Apart from the benefits of nursery schooling like increased attention span and growth & development of a child’s emotional, social and cognitive health; Nursery trains kids to stay away from his/her parents. They do cry initially when you leave them at the Nursery but eventually, they learn to stay away and adjust to the environment as they get familiar with the teachers and kids around them. So when your kid goes to school (Class 1), he has already developed a habit of staying away from you and does not have a difficult time adjusting to the new environment and people around.
1st June 2020, 11:47 PM
HGK7

Post Re: Can my daughter get admission in 1st without UKG?

Hi dear,

Yes, your child can get admission in 1st standard CBSE Board after passing UKG from another school. Your child can get admission in 1st standard CBSE Board even if she had completed her UKG from another school. To get admission for your child in first standard in CBSE Board school, you should have obtained Transfer certificate, UKG marksheet, etc., from your old school and submit it in the new school where you wish to take admission for your daughter in 1st standard.
8th March 2022, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Due to covid I did not admit my son in a school. But I have done home schooling and trained him for class 1. Can a cbse school give admission for class 1 directly his age as on Apr 22 is 6.7 years
14th March 2022, 07:12 PM
Zai313

Nursery and kindergarten school education is not compulsory in India. So, you can send your children directly to first class without any nursery or KG school education. However, before you make this decision, it is important to understand the role that these pre-primary schools play.

Benefits of Nursery / KG School Education
1. Provides a good learning platform for the child
2. Nursery and KG schools generally adopt playful ways of teaching children
3.They help to develop inquisitiveness in the mind of the child
4. Introduces basic concepts of numbers and words
5. Allows the child to interact with classmates
6.Helps to develop communication skills

Kindergarten has been a part of the Indian education system for many decades. This is a tried and tested way to prepare your child for primary school. This preparation includes learning and being able to stay in school for hours. While you can teach your child the same things that are taught in a nursery or KG school, you can make all the changes to the environment and infrastructure.
Remember, a child learns the most from their surroundings. Therefore, it is important to send him / her to a nursery / KG school before starting academic studies.
6th July 2022, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

My daughter age is 4 years and 6 months, Can I admition in class ukg without lkg report card,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?