27th March 2017, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can my daughter get admission in class 1, if she is younger by only 1 month according to age criteria?

My daughter DOB is 02.05.2012, but she is not getting admission in class 1 in Delhi. Right now she is studying in UKG in Haryana CBSE board. School is saying to complete 5 year before 31 March. She is such a bright student. Sir, why should we waste her one year because she is lacking by 1 month. Please give me right advice. Thank you

27th March 2017, 09:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my daughter get admission in class 1, if she is younger by only 1 month according to age criteria?

Admission criteria can't be altered and they strictly follow it, mostly reputed schools.

Hence, if your daughter's age is short by one month, then you can't do much in such situations.
27th March 2017, 09:33 PM
kalamrockz

Default Re: Can my daughter get admission in class 1, if she is younger by only 1 month according to age criteria?

1 month is not a big deal, however if the school is not allowing admission, you cannot do anything as according to the criteria your child has not attained the minimum age required for admission. You should in that case try for admission in some other school and see if your child gets admission, or you can wait for your child to attain the minimum age and then opt for admission.
27th March 2017, 09:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for the child to get admission in first standard in CBSE Board school is 5 years 6 months as on 31st March of the year of admission. The age criteria required to offer admission in first standard in CBSE Board schoolnalso varies from state to state. Most of the school strictly follow age criteria for offering admission else, the candidate will face the problem of age limit to appear in 10th standard board examinations. Since, your daughter does not meet the required age criteria, she is not eligible to get admission in first standard in CBSE Board School.
28th March 2017, 12:18 AM
khanexpert

You should wait for your child to attain the minimum age required for admission in 1st standard and then only get admission as it is the minimum requirement.

If the school provides admission, then there is no issue but if the schools resists for admission, you cannot force them to do so.
10th June 2021, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

My son's DOB is 13/05/2010 is he eligible for Std.6 in CBSE school
10th June 2021, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

My son's DOB is 13/05/2010 is he eligible for std. 6 CBSE school
30th August 2021, 07:50 PM
Singhskomal

There is no particular rules of CBSE for admission in classes your daughter can get admission in class first. No need to worry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?