1st July 2015, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Changing board from ICSE to CBSE is beneficial for JEE Main and Advanced preparation?

Hello everyone,
I have given 10th ICSE examination this year. I want to do Engineering so I have to crack JEE Main and Advanced. But I am confused which Board is better for it's preparation. My parents want me to remain in ICSE Board but I have came to know that NCERT books are being referred for preparation for JEE Main and Advanced i.e., books of CBSE Board. So please tell me what should I do?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and ISC? Which one is suitable for preparation of JEE Main & Advanced?
  2. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  3. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th Science CBSE Private candidate?
  4. CBSE or ICSE, Which is better for Medical aspirant?
  5. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  6. Coaching classes for preparation of 10th ICSE Board exam and JEE Mains & Advanced?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  8. CBSE schools which provide JEE Advanced coaching classes in Karnataka?
  9. Will I be able to crack JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from Hindi Medium? -- [New]
  10. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  11. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  12. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to CBSE Board to study Higher Secondary Science?
  13. What is the procedure to follow for changing school from CBSE board to ICSE board?
  14. Is ICSE board consider to be easier than CBSE board?
  15. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  16. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get JEE advanced after scoring 243 marks in JEE mains and 81% in CBSE board
  18. Can I face any problem if changing board and appearing in JEE having failed in 12th CBSE exam?
2nd July 2015, 02:19 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Changing board from ICSE to CBSE is beneficial for JEE Main and Advanced preparation?

Yes, studying from CBSE board will help you a lot in preparing for JEE Main and Advanced examination than ICSE board.
As, the complete syllabus of JEE Main and Advanced is from NCERT books, so if you study from CBSE board than it will be very easy for youto prepare for JEE Main and Advanced.
2nd July 2015, 03:08 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Changing board from ICSE to CBSE is beneficial for JEE Main and Advanced preparation?

Yes, it is better to change to CBSE board, because JEE main and Advanced exam question papers are prepared by considering the syllabus of CBSE board. So, if you can join in CBSE affiliated school, you can easily for JEE main and Advanced exams and you will have chance to get good marks in these exams. So, I suggest you to join in CBSE affiliated school.
2nd July 2015, 04:32 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you have to go for CBSE board in 12th standard as if you want to crack JEE Mains & Advance Exam. CBSE is much more better than ICSE board in all aspects. First of all let's talk about reputation CBSE is well known and one of the most reputed board in india. It is run by central government and it is acceptable in all institution in india.

Also schools affiliated to CBSE are easily available and it is so convenient for getting transfer to any other school at any place. Also syllabus used in CBSE is more beneficial for you in preparation of competitive exams. So you must go on towards CBSE.
2nd July 2015, 05:13 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It is advisable to you to opt for CBSE board if you aim at cracking JEE Main and Advanced examination as the syllabus pattern is nearby the same of CBSE board and most of the entrance examination including JEE Main and Advanced.

I would refer you to go for CBSE board as it would help you to get much exposure in future because of it's education system and widely accepted pattern.

Moreover, in most of the competitive examinations, CBSE study and test pattern is followed, therefore it can help you in many ways, you can get much exposure to the entrance examination at earlier stage.

Maximum people tend to move towards CBSE board after 10th because of he following two reasons;

> The syllabus of entrance exams are at par with the syllabus laid down by CBSE.

> English is easier and no compulsion of second language, hence more attention can be given to the core subjects.
6th July 2015, 12:59 AM
pointer01

Hello,

CBSE board is the best board but, only by changing the board you will not get the good rank in JEE Main.
You have to work hard for JEE Main. Concentrate on your studies you will definitely get the success.
By changing the Board from ISC to CBSE you do a good job.
Best Of Luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?