14th March 2017, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Does marks matters the most for admission in science stream?

Does it really matters how much percentage of marks I get in class 10th for admission in science stream? It will decide my career? My understanding capacity z more rather than learning? Am I capable for science stream? I’m poor in English, social and Hindi too but moderate in maths and in science.

15th March 2017, 02:30 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does marks matters the most for admission in science stream?

Your marks in 10th standards reflects your efficiency and intelligence to understands the basics. Most of the schools have designed some percentage criteria to apply for science stream. So, my suggestion to you is that you should try to score at least 60% marks in 10th standard.
The above matter is applicable for getting admission in well reputed schools only. There are some private schools which permit admission in science stream after qualifying 10th standard, no matter how much marks you have scored.

You must have good understanding of mathematics and science subject to ge good marks in 11th standard with science stream. So,my suggestion to you is that , you should join some coaching classes if you feel weak in any subject.
15th March 2017, 03:57 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely marks scored in class 10th examination matters for taking Science stream in class 11th. You must have to score well specially in Science subjects in order to get admission in a good School.
Candidates those who have completed their class 10th with scoring above 65% of marks in it can get admission in a reputed School under Science stream.
15th March 2017, 04:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely marks are of very much importance to take admission in science stream after passing your 10th standard. If you want to take admission in science stream in 11th standard then you must have to score at least 70% marks in your 10th standard. Moreover some schools also take above 80% as the criteria to give admission in science stream.
15th March 2017, 06:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Some schools which are famous and renowned will take admission of only those students who have scored better percentage of marks in 10th because number of candidates seeking admission is more as compared to number of seats in science stream, so percentage becomes an important criteria for selection of candidate.

If you can understand well then you can take science stream without any doubt. In other schools, admission is done even with less percentage of marks. You can study well to score good marks in tenth.
15th March 2017, 07:21 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

First thing I would like to let you know that marks in Class 10th board examination does not matters for the selection of stream for Class 11th and further studies and same depends upon the personal interest and strength of the candidate.

As you are confident about your understanding ability hence I will also suggest you to go for the Science stream ( PCM ) rather than anyother stream as this stream involves less memorization.

Further I would also like to let you know that few colleges or schools do have their own marks requirement for admission in their institute or these do conduct entrance examination for admission in desired stream but I would like to suggest that you must not compensate with stream of your academics in any case as PCM stream lies to your strength.
15th March 2017, 09:06 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, the marks in science subject matters to take admission in science stream. The candidate who have scored minimum of 60% in the PCM or PCB in class 10 from a recognized board are eligible to take admission in science stream. If the candidate have scored less than 60% can also choose arts or commerce as their stream.
15th March 2017, 09:50 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, nowadays you should have scored minimum 65%marks in matriculation to apply admission in science stream in well reputed schools. Beside this, you should have good knowledge of science and mathematics as these are the main subjects in science stream. You have to study Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Hindi and English in intermediate standard. So, you have to improve your weakness from now to make your career in science field. You should try to score as mush as you can in 10th standard. You can follow some tips given below for scoring good marks in 10th exams:

=> Prepare as per exam pattern.

=> Practice previous papers as much as you can.

=> Make your own notes.

=> Avoid late night study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?