10th February 2016, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in CBSE for 10 years old 5th standard student?

Hi,
My son DOB is 10 years old. Presently he is studying in 5th standard in WBBSE Board. But we are planning to admit him to new school for CBSE syllabus in this year. Does his age will be applicable for CBSE admission? Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  2. Detailed admission procedure to study in 6th standard of Sainik School for 5th CBSE student?
  3. Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?
  5. Whether a 5th standard student of 10 years old is eligible to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  6. List of cheap CBSE or WBBSE affiliated government schools which offer admission in 5th standard in Durgapur?
  7. Procedure to get admission in Sainik School for 5th standard student?
  8. List of CBSE and ICSE affiliated schools which offer admission in 5th standard in Jamshedpur? Procedure to get admission?
  9. Eligibility to get admission in 3rd standard of CBSE for 6 years old candidate?
  10. Admission procedure to study in Merchant Navy School for 5th student?
  11. Can I face any difficulty at the time of 10th CBSE if studying in 5th standard at the age of 10 years?
  12. Age criteria for CBSE 10th board exam as per CBSE norms?
  13. Eligibility to get admission in 6th standard of Central Hindu School, Varanasi for 5th CBSE candidate?
  14. Where Sainik School is located? Procedure to get admission for 10 years old 5th student?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in 5th ICSE being a 10 years and 6 months old student of 4th CBSE?
  16. Eligibility to appear in Maths Olympiad for 5th standard student?
  17. Can I make my son to repeat 4th standard in Oman, Sohar and send back to India to continue 5th standard?
  18. Whether a 6 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in CBSE Standard-I?
11th February 2016, 06:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in CBSE for 10 years old 5th standard student?

Yes, your son can get admission in CBSE shool being a 10 years old 5th standard student. The minimum age required for a child to get admission in first standard in CBSE school is 5 years 6 months. That means, for getting admission in 6th standard in CBSE school, the candidate must have attained the minimum age of 10 years 6 months. Since, your 10 years is old being a 5th standard student, he is eligible to get admission in 6th standard in CBSE school.
11th February 2016, 07:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in CBSE for 10 years old 5th standard student?

First of all your son will have to go through an entrance test for class 6. If passed in that test then only your son will be eligible for admission. Generally the certain age decided by CBSE school is that a student studying in class 6 will be of 12 years.
But when your son will not pass that entrance test it might happens that he will be demoted to class 5.
You need to submit important documents like Affitdevit, Transfer certificate etc on the time of admission.
12th February 2016, 12:20 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, his age criteria is no bar anymore in order to get admission in any CBSE school. You should however, contact the respective school where you wish your child to get admission in and should fill up the admission form. In some of the reputed schools, they conduct an entrance examination in order to provide admission to candidates and candidates need to appear and clear the examination with good score to assure their admission.

Therefore, in those cases, your son will have to do really well in the entrance examination and if not he can get admission directly by applying the admission form and following the process afterwards.
29th March 2022, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

The age of My son is 8 He passed out 4th standard. Is he eligible for 5th class
23rd April 2022, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

My son date of birth 24-03/2012 he is eligible 5 th r 6 th kindly send to me cbese r IGCSE
23rd April 2022, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

My son dob 24:03:12 he is elible 5 th r 6 th kindly share me for cbse r IGCSE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?