11th March 2016, 07:04 AM
Unregistered

Which entrance should i give after 10th board to get IT Engineering admission?

I am studying in class 10th right now and about to pass this. I want to study IT engineering next instead of doing 12th. So tell me which entrance should i give to get admission in IT Engineering course after 10th?

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exam to study Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering course for 10th Maharashtra Board student?
  2. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying Diploma in Software Engineering if pursuing 10th from Andhra Pradesh Board? Cutoff percentage required in 10th to get admission?
  3. Possibility to study Aeronautical Diploma on 10th basis? Percentage required to get admission?
  4. What should I do to ensure that I will get admission in the same school where I completed 10th board exam?
  5. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  6. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  7. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  8. Which board is easy to study 10th standard if one wants to give WBJEE in Medical or Engineering after 12th?
  9. How to get diploma after 10th class?
  10. Eligibility for Chemical Engineering diploma?
  11. Can i directly do 10th after passing 8th class?
  12. Is there any way to get admission in B.Tech after scoring 56% in 10th board?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria followed to get admission for doing honors in Chemistry in a good college?
  14. From where can I do 3 years Diploma in Punjab?
  15. Can I get admission in 11th Science of Gujarat state board if completed 10th CBSE from Private school?
  16. CBSE 10th school exam passed candidate can get admission in 11th Gujarat board without entrance exam?
  17. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Architecture if secured 63.82% in 10th Maharashtra Board? Entrance exam to get admission?
11th March 2016, 12:07 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which entrance should i give after 10th board to get IT Engineering admission?

No, you can't take admission in engineering colleges on the basis of 10th class. You must pass 12th class with (Physics/Chemistry/Math’s) for engineering. After passing 12th class, you should appear in JEE main and advance (Joint Entrance Exam) conducted by CBSE board once in a year.
JEE is national level exam and follow CBSE syllabus or pattern.
Then admissions are provided on the behalf of merit list generated by Marks you got in JEE exam.
11th March 2016, 02:41 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance should i give after 10th board to get IT Engineering admission?

Candidate can apply for diploma in Information Technology after 10th board.
Candidate have to appear in polytechnic entrance exam after 10th.
Polytechnic Entrance Exams are conducted by state government, so just check the dates of polytechnic exam in your state and apply for the same.
After completion of Diploma in Information Technology candidate can get direct admission in second year of B.Tech or B.E. IT Engineering graduation course through LEET or other entrance exams.
11th March 2016, 04:34 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

You cannot do engineering instead of studying 12th course or higher secondary course. Remember people may tell you to join their organization. They might promise you that you can pass engineering from their college, without giving 12th standard examination. But remember these are all fraud cases. No institute can promise you this.
So please get enrolled in 12th standard course. You will have to take up admission forms from higher secondary schools. If you have scored around 85-90% in your 10th standard's aggregate, then you can be shortlisted in the merit list of the higher secondary school in science stream. Once you are in the 12th year, apply for joint entrance examination for studying IT engineering course.
11th March 2016, 06:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to apply for polytechnic entrance exam for admission in IT engineering diploma after 10th standard. This exam is mostly conducted on state level by the technical university of the state.

Admission will be based on the performance in written exam and seats are allotted through counselling procedure.
11th March 2016, 08:51 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to pursue engineering course without pursue 10+2 or diploma course.

The eligibility to get admission in B.tech course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM or diploma from any recognised university.

So, you need to pursue any of course then only you are eligible to get admission in the course.
11th March 2016, 09:09 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You cannot do degree course in the field of engineering after completion of 10th standard. You can pursue diploma course in the field of IT Engineering. You need to appear in the polytechnic entrance exams or diploma entry test based on which you can get admission in the polytechnic college for diploma engineering course. The entrance exam is conducted in every state by the council of technical education and admission is done in the polytechnic colleges of the concerned state. Apart from this, entrance exam is also conducted by various private universities for admission in diploma engineering course.
11th March 2016, 11:47 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in class 10th right now and about to pass this. I want to study IT engineering next instead of doing 12th. So tell me which entrance should i give to get admission in IT Engineering course after 10th?
Sorry, it is not possible to study the engineering course in IT after 10th standard. The student has to study 10+2 or diploma to study engineering. The easiest way is to choose 10+2 with physics, chemistry & mathematics as one of the subjects. You have to join and study 10+2. You have to score very good marks in the 12th standard and then appear for entrance examinations to study the engineering courses. The state government will conduct entrance examinations in some states. So you have to join and study 10+2 first.
12th March 2016, 05:20 PM
OnePlus

You cannot do engineering right after class 10th. You need to pass class 12th first. Firstly you need to concentrate on class 12th exams.
After passing class 12th you need to apply for entrance exams for engineering like- JEE Main, UPSEE etc. After passing the entrance exam you can get admission in college according to your rank.

A candidate must 12th pass with physics, chemistry and maths with minimum aggregate of 50%.

If you don't want to study class 12th then you can apply for diploma course through which you can take admission in b.tech after 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?