1st August 2016, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

How to get original certificate after spelling mistake in surname?

I have passed recently my SSC exam and my school issued me my leaving certificate. In my certificate there was spelling mistake in my surname. I told my school authority about this mistake then my principal corrected spelling on same certificate and did counter sign there. When my parents showed this, they asked to replace it with another certificate. My principal issued me another certificate with duplicate remarks. I want to know that is it possible to get original certificate?

1st August 2016, 06:45 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get original certificate after spelling mistake in surname?

No, it is not possible to get an original certificate again. It is issued only once.
So, in order to get the certificate with the name corrected on it, you should request the principal of your school to issue a duplicate copy of your certificate which will act as a substitute of your original certificate.
1st August 2016, 06:46 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No problem all you have to do is to meet school clerical staff and ask them for correct SLC (School Leaving Certificate). You have to write an application and attach a copy of previous SLC. I am sure they will definitely help you.

Otherwise duplicate copy of SLC will not give you any difficulty in getting admission.
1st August 2016, 07:38 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get the original certificate if there is any problem in the certificate. You just need to inform about the mistake happened in the certificate to the School authorities and ask them to re issue an original certificate with correct spelling. They will have to give the new original certificate with all the corrections.
2nd August 2016, 03:04 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely get your name corrected in your marksheet, but the certificate which you will be getting the next time will be a duplicate one, you need not worry as there will not be any such problem in it. Only the certificate will be re-issued and therefore it will be called a Duplicate one.
24th September 2020, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I passed 12th Standard in 2000, recently realise the Spelling of my Fathers Name which were incorrect. Went to the School and CBSE office and I was refused that nothing can be done now. My University is not issuing me the degree since they need the 12 standard certificate with correct spelling. I have no idea how to move forward. Request anyone who can assist in solving this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?