7th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after class 12th exams?

I have appeared for 12th exams and I am confused about my future. I’m having 2 options either to drop one year for preparation of JEE or other competitive examination which will take 5 years or I can seek admission in diploma through lateral entry (2 years) and then B.Tech through lateral entry (3 years) total it will also take 5 years. What should I do?

7th July 2017, 09:50 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: What should I do after class 12th exams?

It's better for you to not skip a year but if its really necessary then you can prepare yourself for JEE and give yourself a full year to prepare. As it will leave you no option to pursue through diploma as both will take 5 years to complete you bachelor's degree.
8th July 2017, 01:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to pursue your higher studies from NIT/ IIT then, it is prepare for JEE examination by taking one year gap. If you just want to complete your B.Tech course then, you can take direct admission in first year of B.Tech course instead of pursuing Diploma course and then taking admission in B.Tech course.
8th July 2017, 01:47 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In both the option which you have mentioned are taking 5 years for completion of your bachelors degree, so as per my knowledge it would be better to take lateral entry in polytechnic and after completion of it go for lateral entry to B.Tech degree course.
By doing this you will have enough knowledge in your particular engineering field and also you will become a holder of two technical degree without losing a single years.
8th July 2017, 02:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have appeared for 12th exams and I am confused about my future. I’m having 2 options either to drop one year for preparation of JEE or other competitive examination which will take 5 years or I can seek admission in diploma through lateral entry (2 years) and then B.Tech through lateral entry (3 years) total it will also take 5 years. What should I do?
After completing your 12th standard with PCM stream, you can apply for below given courses,

1.Engineering
2.B.Sc in Physics
2.B.Sc in Chemistry
3.B.Sc in Maths
4.B.A Economics
5.Interior Designing
6.Fashion Designing
7.Army
8.Law
9.Hospitality
10.Mass Communication
11.Architecture
12.Journalism
13.Aviation
14.BBA
15.CA,CS,etc
16.BCA
8th July 2017, 02:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

As mentioned, you are interested in engineering, you can pursue BE or BTech course after completion of 12th examinations. You have to prepare well to clear the entrance examination conducted for taking admission to engineering graduation (BE/BTech). This is one of the best and straight forward routes to pursue engineering. There is also one more option, you can join Diploma course through lateral entry. After completion of diploma, you can apply for engineering admission through lateral entry. But, it is very difficult to get admission through lateral entry mode, as the number of seats is very limited. Therefore, the first option is the best way to pursue engineering after 12th.
8th July 2017, 04:12 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you should drop one year for preparation of JEE Mains. But you must think that you can crack it or not. If you are confident about your preparation then only you should drop otherwise not. You can also continue Diploma and after that B.Tech through lateral entry.
8th July 2017, 05:21 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

If you go for diploma through lateral entry or any other means then you will not be eligible for admission in any IIT for pursuing Bachelor's degree. Because there is no provision for lateral entry admission in graduation courses like B.Tech.
If you are satisfied with any college other than IIT, then you can apply for B.Tech current session also.
Simply visit the campus in which you aspire to get admission and complete the admission formalities. After submitting the one semester fee you will get the registration number.
8th July 2017, 08:12 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion you can do Bachelor of Technology course after completion of your 12th class rather than diploma and then B.Tech. The duration of this course is four years.

Eligibility for B.Tech Course.

Candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board of Education. Also the age of candidate should be in between 17 to 25 years.

If you want to take admission in good govt college then you have to score good marks in Joint Entrance Examination. Without JEE main score you can apply for admission in private engineering course depending on their 12th class Percentage of marks.
8th July 2017, 11:01 PM
ranu shahi

Your both the options are time taking. So, i suggest you to drop one year for preparation of IIT but if you are not sure about it then don't drop.
If you want to pursue engineering then you can drop one year but if you are interested in engineering then i suggest you to pursue:-
B.Sc
BA
BCA
Bachelor in pharmacy
LLB
BBA
B.Com
BBM
BBS
Fashion Designing
Interior Designing
Hotel Management
Event Management
Film and Media
Journalism
Airport Management
CA
ICWA
CS
Secretarial Work.
As per my knowledge these courses are more demanding than engineering.
10th July 2017, 09:33 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

1st option is better than second option. It will be good for you to do b.tech from JEE. As JEE is the best institute for engineering. After 12th you should join coaching for the preparation to crack JEE entrance exam . You have to work very hard because you will get admission according to your rank in JEE exam.
Eligibility criteria for JEE exam-
A candidate must have 12th passed along with physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects.
A candidate must have 75% of minimum marks in physics, chemistry and in maths.
The syllabus of JEE is totally depends on your class 12th syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?