22nd July 2015, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Tech in NIT for a candidate who has secured 57% in 12th BSEB?

Hello everyone,
I have secured 57% in 12th BSEB Board. I want to study in NIT. Can I eligible to take admission in NIT, Patna for B.Tech course?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Delhi University if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  2. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 171 marks in JEE Main and secured 73.2% in 12th BSEB?
  3. Scholarship for a candidate who has secured 89% in 12th BSEB and having Rs. 36000 family income per annum?
  4. Possibility to study MBBS in China for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th standard? Procedure of admission?
  5. How can I apply for Government scholarship if secured 78% in 12th Arts BSEB?
  6. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  7. Possibility to study Diploma in Banking program for a candidate who has secured 42% in 12th?
  8. Any possibility of getting an NIT seat after scoring 41.33 marks in GATE Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Percentage criteria to appear in JEE Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
  10. Possibility to study MBBS in USA for a candidate who has secured less than 50% in PCM of 12th?
  11. Possibility to get job for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th ISC?
  12. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 58.2% in 12th Science? List of colleges in Delhi?
  13. Possibility to appear in IELTS to study Graduation in Germany for a candidate who has secured 33% in 12th?
  14. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main and Advanced to study in IIT, IIIT and NIT for a General candidate who has secured 75.6% in 12th CBSE?
  15. Possibility to study B.Tech(CSE) in any good college of Chennai for a candidate who has secured 72% in 12th?
  16. Possibility to study Bachelor of Physiotheraphy course in Abroad for a candidate who has secured 79.4% in 12th? Entrance exams to get admission?
  17. How to be a CID or CBI Officer being a candidate having secured 70% in 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Courses to study in Graduation for a candidate who has secured 62% in 12th Arts?
22nd July 2015, 05:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech in NIT for a candidate who has secured 57% in 12th BSEB?

To get admission in National Institute of Technology, you need to crack the Joint Entrance exam Mains with good marks because of the fact that admission to NITs is given on the basis of performance JEE mains result and percentage of marks secured in 10+2 board exam.

As you have scored less in 10+2 board exam, you need to perform well in the JEE Mains examination.
22nd July 2015, 05:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech in NIT for a candidate who has secured 57% in 12th BSEB?

NIT stands for the National Institute of Technology. After Indian Institute of Technology, NITs are considered to be the best institutes in India for the undergraduate courses in engineering.

Let me clear you that admission in National Institute of Technology is given on the basis of candidate's performance in 10+2 board exam and JEE mains exam. Considering both, overall rank of a candidate is decided and on basis of which admission is given in the National Institute of Technology.

As you have scored only 57% marks in BSEB 10+2 board, you will have to secure high marks in the JEE Mains exam then only you can compete with others. The minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 board exam is 50% for admission in engineering colleges or to be eligible for JEE mains.
22nd July 2015, 06:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in NIT, you should appear for JEE main exam. If you qualify in such exam, then you will have chance to get admission in any of NIT institutes. To appear for this exam, candidate should have completed his/her 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects. As a student, who have completed 12th standard, now you can apply for JEE main exam. In 2015, JEE main exam has already completed, so, you should wait for next upcoming notification.
22nd July 2015, 08:35 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study in National institute of technology (NIT), Patna to pursue engineering course.

To get ad admission in any of the NIT's one must appear for All Indian entrance examination which is Joint entrance examination (JEE) mains and if you qualify and get a good rank in entrance examination then according to the counselling procedure you will get allotted in NIT, Patna to pursue graduation course.

The minimum eligibility criteria for applying JEE is that the candidate has to pass the class 12 examination from recognized board.
22nd July 2015, 10:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take admission to study B.Tech course in NIT, Patna after completion of your 12th standard from BSEB board but, to be eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in NIT, you need to appear in JEE Main examination. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat and you can get admission in B.Tech course in NIT, Patna.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?