3rd January 2018, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take home science with commerce in 12th?

I am 10th passed now and will take commerce. So, later after 12th, is it possible to take home science with commerce Or is it necessary to take science as a subject in 11th and 12th for taking up home science?

4th January 2018, 04:43 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take home science with commerce in 12th?

Let me clear one thing that Home Science comes under Arts stream. It is neither in Science nor in Commerce stream.
That is why, if you are interested in Home Science then you should go for Arts stream. But you can not go for both Home Science as well as Commerce. And Commerce is in Commerce stream i.e I.Com and you have to choose only one.
4th January 2018, 05:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can opt for Home Science as a subject in class 12th studying Commerce stream in class 12th. It all depends on different Schools which provides the above mentioned subject to opt with Commerce stream. If your School has the option of taking Home Science as a subject with Commerce stream, then you can definitely opt that subject. Otherwise, there would be no other option.
4th January 2018, 06:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue BSc in home science, candidate must have completed 12th standard with science stream. Some of the institutes also take candidates with any stream. Reputed institutes also conduct entrance examination. So you have to check the institutes where you can pursue BSc in home science in spite the stream you have chosen in your 12th Standard.
4th January 2018, 11:47 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Let me inform you that Home Science subject comes under Arts field and not under Science field. However you can opt for Home Science subject in your 12th Commerce stream if the said subject is available to be chosen in your school. Generally Home Science do not available under Commerce group of subject combination so it is very difficult to find that subject in Commerce.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?