8th March 2018, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Navy for 12th student?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing my 12 standard. I am a state level Hockey player and achieved 2 medals. My aim is that I want to join Indian Navy. So, I want to know how can I join this Indian Navy?

11th April 2018, 06:28 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Navy for 12th student?

To join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board and those who are unmarried male candidates in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to apply for NDA examination. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination. After qualifying the NDA written examination, you will be called for further rounds and if you perform well, you will be selected into Indian Army through NDA examination.
12th April 2018, 06:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The best option to join Indian Navy as an officer, will be through UPSC NDA exam. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and SSB interview. Just make sure you age is between 16.5 to 19 years and you should have studied PCM stream.

Other options to join Indian Navy after class 12th is for non officer posts like Sailor and Artificer Apprentice.
13th April 2018, 12:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA ( National Defence Academy ) entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

It is conducted for recruitment in defence service. To appear for recruitment in Indian Navy the required qualification is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th with Physics, and Mathematics as main paper.

Only male candidates with age limit 16.5-19.5 years are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages Written and SSB. So, you have to qualify for both stages for final selection.
13th April 2018, 02:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Navy after clearing written test and Service Selection Board of National Defence Academy exam. The eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 12th level.

2. The age limit for candidates is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. Unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

NDA application form for NDA II is yet to be released.
13th April 2018, 07:03 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

After 12th examination you are eligible to apply for the National Defense Academy examination to join Indian Navy. But for this you have to complete your +2 examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects, if you have choose these subjects then you are eligible for NDA and choose Naval wings as preference.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination, and your should between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

The selection of candidates is based on written test followed by personal interview and medical test.

If you cracked written test then you are eligible for SSB interview for final selection.
14th April 2018, 09:42 AM
chikkykranthi619

Minimum qualification required for joining Indian Navy is :

12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

For getting into Indian Navy you need to clear NDA exam i.e. admission to the Indian Navy will be made on the results of the written examination followed by intelligence and personality test conducted by the Services Selection Board and one who clears all these rounds can join Indian Navy.
14th April 2018, 03:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Indian Navy after the completion of class 12th, candidates must have to appear and qualify in the NDA examination. Candidates can join Indian Navy department through NDA examination.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board studying Physics and Mathematics as a subject can appear in the NDA examination for Indian Navy.
Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?