20th June 2017, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Should I do engineering, if I am not good at math?

Sir, now I知 in 10th standard ICSE, I知 not good in math. But people say there is good scope for engineering. I知 confused. What shall I decide after my marks? Please help me. Rahul

20th June 2017, 11:36 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Should I do engineering, if I am not good at math?

You should only go for engineering or any other course if you are interested in it and not for the sake of others, you should not just follow the crowd and just get admission in any such course.

Your maths should be good enough to do well in B.Tech course apart from all the other subjects. However, if you want to go for engineering I recommend you to go for the entrance test for admission in B.Tech course and carry on with your studies further.

You can also go for some other courses such as BCA, B.Sc, B.pharm, etc.
21st June 2017, 12:29 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

First of all I want to say that don't do what people says, choose the stream in which you are interested. Yes, engineering has very good scope in future, but mathematics is one of the most important subject for engineering and you are not good in that. So, either you can work hard and improve your mathematics or you can opt for science stream where you will need PCB subjects.
21st June 2017, 09:52 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Math and Physics are very important in most of the engineering streams. Therefore, you should take Math as an interesting subject, if you are looking to become an Engineer.

If you are not confident at all in the given subject, then surely it will create problems in future. Just opt for those subjects, in which you have interest.
21st June 2017, 02:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, now I知 in 10th standard ICSE, I知 not good in math. But people say there is good scope for engineering. I知 confused. What shall I decide after my marks? Please help me. Rahul

Mathematics is one of the important subjects to do engineering. Most of the engineering disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Software etc. required very good mathematical skill. Therefore, you have to improve your interest in mathematics in order, to study engineering in the future. If it is not possible to improve mathematics, then you can choose some other courses not engineering. You can study management or commerce or any other course which suits you. The engineering graduation course is very tough for those students who are weak in mathematics.
21st June 2017, 08:14 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you are not good in Mathematics, then you must not think of doing Engineering in future as Mathematics is one of the main subject in Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th studying Science stream with PCM as a subject combination scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the B.Tech or B.E degree course.
21st June 2017, 10:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Even though you are not good at maths, you have the possibility to pursue Engineering course.

In general, candidates who are good at mathematics can score good marks in Engineering and it doesn't mean that candidates who are weak at Mathematics cannot pursue B.E/ B.Tech.

As everyone says, yes Engineering has good scope in India and abroad and candidates who pursue Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering can find good number of job opportunities after completion of studies.

So I can suggest you to pursue B.E/ B.Tech if you are really interested in pursuing professional courses and on the other hand if you are not interested then going for traditional courses is the best option.
22nd June 2017, 11:44 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Look don't listen to people, choose whatever stream you like.
All the streams (Humanities, Science, Commerce) have their own valuable standard and possess equal job opportunity and career scope.
If you are weak in maths and since you are just in 10th standard, you have plenty of time to practice maths and make it your strong subject.
Just think about the stream which interests you the most and which you can understand better, so that you can do well in that field.
22nd June 2017, 04:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

If you are not good in Mathematics then you must not go for engineering as a career options as the same course includes Mathematics and Physics through the course even for pursuing any degree course you are required to have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognized board.

As far as you are concerned about career options with good scope then I would like to let you know that there is plenty of other options in medical field, business field, defense field, teaching field, etc. with good career scope apart from engineering and hence you must not pursue Mathematics in order to pursue engineering degree course due to general conscience and advice if you are not good in Mathematics.
7th July 2017, 11:07 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Choose that course in which you have an interest and for which you have a passion. If you will take admission in engineering without and you don't have any interest in it than it will become a big problem for you.

If you don't like maths still you have lots of options in your future. You can take admission according to your choice.

If you are really interested in engineering than you have to study mathematics in first 2 semester of b.tech. If you will get admission in any other stream expect CS or IT than you have to study maths and physics in almost all the semesters.

You can take admission in following courses -
BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration).
Fashion design.
Interior design.
Textile design.
BCA.

After simple graduation you can give entrance exam for banks , civil services etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?