19th August 2015, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to submit Migration Certificate for admission in 11th standard at Durgapur if pursuing 10th in Kolkata?

Hello Everyone,
I have to shift in Durgapur from Kolkata. I am studying in 10th standard and I want to study my 11th in Durgapur. I am from WBCHSE Board. I would like to know that I have to submit migration certificate also at the time of admission?

27th August 2015, 11:25 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I have to submit Migration Certificate for admission in 11th standard at Durgapur if pursuing 10th in Kolkata?

Yes, you have to submit your migration certificate also along with your documents at the time of admission.
At the time of admission, you will need some kind of documents:

Write an application to the current school that, you want to change from your current school to another school in class 11th, mention Board also if Board is also changing.
Take a Transfer Certificate (T.C) from your current school.
Collect your class 10th mark sheet from your current school.
Character certificate from the current school.
You will also need an affidavit and migration certificate to change your school. etc.
28th August 2015, 12:39 AM
sumitrahul76

Default Re: Should I have to submit Migration Certificate for admission in 11th standard at Durgapur if pursuing 10th in Kolkata?

WBCHE stands for West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary.
It means that you are from state board of bengal , as for your knowledge that the migration certificate is only required while changing your board not required while changing your city or state , otherwise migration certificate is not required to get admission if u are being in the same boarding.

As you are from WBCHE board an you want to change your board in durgapur then the migration certificate must be required to get admission.
31st August 2015, 12:18 AM
newmoon06

Yes, you need a Migration Certificate at the time of admission. As you are move from one city to another so, Migration Certificate is needed. Migration certificate, you can get from your previous school.

Migration Certificate is required while changing the city as well as board. You would also required Transfer Certificate, Character certificate, Pass certificate Of class 10th at the time of admission.

Migration certificate is also needed when you are going to change your board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?