27th October 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose between commerce and medical?

Hello, I have passed 10 class with 10 CGPA. Now I am very much confused which stream Should I choose. Please tell me. Commerce Or medical? Which stream has more job opportunities In India and also in abroad. Please tell Me.

28th October 2017, 10:58 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose between commerce and medical?

After completion of your 10th standard with 10 CGPA from a Government recognised board, you can pursue your higher studies in Higher Secondary or Diploma course. If you are interested to become a Doctor or to work in Medical field then, you need to choose Medical stream or if you are interested to become an Accountant, Chartered Accountant or to work in Commerce field then, it is best to choose Commerce stream for pursuing your higher studies.
28th October 2017, 01:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have passed 10 class with 10 CGPA. Now I am very much confused which stream Should I choose. Please tell me. Commerce Or medical? Which stream has more job opportunities In India and also in abroad. Please tell Me.

Actually, one should choose the stream based on his/her interest, skill and ability. If a student is interested in studying medical subjects, then he/she can pursue medical stream and vise versa. Candidates can pursue various courses in the medical field after completion of 10+2. They can study MBBS, BDS, Bachelor Veterinary Science, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BNYS, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, BSc Nursing, BMLT, Bachelor of Pharmacy, BSc Physics, BSc Chemistry, BSc Botany, BSc Zoology, BSc Dairy Technology, BSc Biotechnology, BSc Home Science, Law Graduation and much more. Scope for the medical stream is high and higher education chances also high. Therefore, one should choose medical stream (if interested).
28th October 2017, 02:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Both Commerce and Medical streams has their own scope as far as career, higher course opportunities and job opportunities are concerned. But before you choose the best stream whether Commerce or Medical fields, you are required to analyse the skills that you have and achievements that you have made.

Yes, you are required analyse your skills and interests before choosing the stream. If you are really interested in medical field and it's related course then I can say that medical stream is best field.

On the other side, if you are not interested in Medical field the best stream is Commerce stream. Although there are many best course which offers you good job opportunities after completion of studies.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, the best stream I would suggest you to go ahead with is Commerce stream between these two streams.
28th October 2017, 03:00 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Let me tell you that Commerce and Medical streams are far two different things, so there is nothing to be confused. Choosing any stream between the above given streams depends upon one's own interest and future goal. So, if you are interested in Medical field then choose Bio stream in 11th standard and continue your studies in that field or else go for commerce stream, if interested in Financial, Accounting, or Management fields.
Both the streams posses good job opportunities and future scopes in India as well as in abroad.
28th October 2017, 03:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you have passed your 10th standard with 10 CGPA hence you are well enough aware that which stream is your favourite stream. I would personally suggest you that you should out for that stream in which your interest lies. Moreover you should also keep this in mind that which stream has wide scopes. If you want to study plants or animals or Medical Science then definitely you should go for medical stream and if you are interested in banking then you should definitely go for Commerce.
28th October 2017, 04:11 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Both the fields are good enough as per the career scope in India.

But it will be easy for the candidates to get good job and to settle easily in commerce field when compared to medical field.

In addition, for the medical field, all the candidates will not be studied.

Only candidates those who are having profound interest in medical field can join medical course.

Some of the courses that you can join in medical field are:-

MBBS

BDS

Pharmacy

Biotechnology

BAMS.

Some of the top courses in commerce field are:-

Chartered Accountancy Course

Company Secretary Course

ICWA

MBA

know your interest and opt for the respective course accordingly.
28th October 2017, 09:33 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you should go for Commerce stream because nowadays there is demand of banking sector and if you will complete your 12th standard as well as degree from commerce stream then you can go for clerical or any the post in banking sector as well as in other sectors. And if you are interested in medical stream then you can go in medical stream also but commerce stream has more chances in comparison to the medical stream. There is large scope in commerce stream.
28th October 2017, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

In terms of job opportunities in India, commerce stream is better than medical for getting a decent paying office job. Medical field is good, if you can become a doctor, as their is good demand for good doctors.

Other than doctor, you can become nurse, pharmacist, biotechnologist, microbiologist, etc, but these are mostly research based fields, which is good for jobs abroad.
28th October 2017, 10:28 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Doctor or Nurse or in any other medical related field jobs then, you should have to pursue 12th standard with Medical Science stream. If you are interested to become a Chartered Accountant, Finance Analyst, etc., then, you can opt Commerce stream for pursuing your 12th standard. Admissions in Higher Secondary course are done through merit basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through admission test conducted by the respective school/ college.
28th October 2017, 11:29 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

As per your performance in 10th board examination you are eligible to get admission in any stream and in the most of schools.

So, you do not need to get confused in selection of stream. Kindly select the stream in which you have more interest.

Do not impose other opinion who advises you stream on the future opportunities as all the courses have better opportunities but only if you are excellent in the stream.

Commerce and medical course have many job opportunities in India and abroad too.
29th October 2017, 12:08 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Both the streams are valuable but important thing is that our interest.You can choose number of courses and jobs in future.

In that time competition is so must and we done any course but perfection is must.

If you want to be a banker, business man and marketing officer then choose Commerce.

If you want to be a Doctor, Surgeon, Dentist, etc.. then you can choose Medical.

So, don't worry about scopes but whichever stream you choose work from core of your heart and develop learning attitude.
29th October 2017, 05:04 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

It's totally depends upon your interest. If you are interested to become a doctor, dentist or pharmacist than you can choose medical field.

If you want to become CA, accountant, finance manager, manager, HR etc than you can go for commerce stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?