23rd May 2016, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the benefit of choosing school based over board based exam in Class 10th?

What is the benefit of choosing school based over board based exam in Class 10th? Can you please provide me the advantages and disadvantages of the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

23rd May 2016, 10:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the benefit of choosing school based over board based exam in Class 10th?

Actually the main difference between School based exam and Board based exam is that school based exam answer sheets are being checked by your school teachers and in board based exams the answer sheets are checked by the school teachers of another School. I would like to suggest you to opt for board exams if you are confident with your answers. There is impartial checking in board based exams.
24th May 2016, 12:12 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the benefit of choosing school based over board based exam in Class 10th?

There is no any advantage or disadvantage of school based exam and board based exam. The difference is only that number of questions in board based exams are less as compared with school based exams. As for example if there are 30 questions in board based exams then there will be above 40 questions but no time preference. You have to answer all questions in 3 hrs. Otherwise there is no any disadvantage.
24th May 2016, 12:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CBSE conducts the All India Secondary School Examination ( AISSE ) i.e; CBSE Class 10th board examinations in two modes one is called the board based examination and other one is known as school based examination.

There is no difference between in the both modes on the basis of academics, syllabus, question pattern followed by both these modes.

The only difference between the two is that in case of board based examination a student has to go for an examination center allotted by board ( as in case of any other examination ) for giving their board examination where as in the case of school based board examination student is allowed to appear in the same examination in their own school.

So in my view one must opt for board based examination to have experience of giving examination in away center as any other competitive or board examination are going to be held on away center only.

For queries related to academics of CBSE you can log on the link www.cbse.nic.in or www.mycbseguide.com.
24th May 2016, 01:54 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

In class 10th, everyone must have to appear in Board based examinations whether you are studying in State Board or Central Board. You must have to appear your 10th standard examinations in your respective school Board examinations. But, you can't pursue your higher studies on the basis of school based examinations. So, there will be only benefit when you appear in Board based examinations of class 10th.
24th May 2016, 04:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no much more advantage of appearing from board based examination over school based as both the examination and marks have equal value.

Candidates passed from any board are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in any school or colleges.

But, one advantage of appearing from board based examination is to remove out your fear of giving the examination at the other center other than in your school campus enviornment which will help you in future while appearing for other examination.
24th May 2016, 08:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such benefit in it, the only difference is that in school based examination, school has the flexibility to set examination according to their own criteria, although the framework for examination date is provided by CBSE itself.

Moreover, the evaluation is done by the school teacher itself in school based examination.
24th May 2016, 09:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The best thing about board examination is that it gives you first hand experience of giving examination in front of unknown persons and magistrate checking also. It is important because from 10+2, there is only board exams.

From my point of view, a candidate must choose board based exam in comparison to school based exam. Syllabus are same for both exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?