25th November 2017, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

What is the correct age of studying in LKG under CBSE?

My son was born on 23/12/2013. I admitted him to monastery on 2015-2016 academic year. Now he is studying LKG under CBSE, is that correct age now or else I need to rejoin again to LKG for the coming year. Please inform me.

25th November 2017, 06:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the correct age of studying in LKG under CBSE?

The correct age for studying LKG in CBSE Board school is 3 years 6 months. Your child should be at least 3 years 6 months old to get admission in LKG in CBSE Board school. Since, your son is 3 months 11 years old at present, his current age is correct for studying LKG in CBSE Board school.
25th November 2017, 07:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to get admission in 1st std in a recognised school is 5 years.

So, the best age criteria to get your ward admitted in L.K.G must be 4 years.

If he is reading in L.K.G now, he is following the basic age criteria for admission.
25th November 2017, 08:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for getting into LKG or KG is 3 years. Then only the student will be admitted to the class first at the age of 5 years. For the admission you have to contact the school and get the application form and you can also get the details from the school for the age limit.
25th November 2017, 08:59 PM
The Guider

According to the guidelines of CBSE to get admission in LKG a child must have attained the minimum age of three years so that while appearing for 10th examination he/she would meet the minimum age of 14 years, which is mandatory.
Your son is now 3 years and 11 months old and when he will appear for class 10th examination he will meet the age criteria. So, there is no need to rejoin him in LKG in next year.
25th November 2017, 10:56 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge your child is eligible to get admission in LKG. But let me tell you that there is no any specific age criteria for admission.
If your child is good in study then school must have to promote him in next standard.
25th November 2017, 11:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria Required for studying LKG under CBSE:

In order to pursue in CBSE based schools, your son/ daughter must meet the required age criteria.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, the correct age for a child to get admission in LKG is 3.5 years to 4 years.

As per his Date of Birth, his is around more than 3.5 years and is going to complete 4 years by December 2017.

Based on his age criteria, I can say that he is eligible for getting admission into LKG under CBSE based schools.

Age Criteria required for getting admission into 1st Class in CBSE schools is minimum 6 years and there by your son's admission gets ahead based on his age criteria into concerned classes.
25th November 2017, 11:57 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to get admission into CBSE board for LKG, the minimum age of a child should be 3 years and 6 months. So, if you get your child admitted in CBSE board in LKG at an age of 3 years and 6 months, then he/she is eligible to appear for class 10th standard examination without have any age problem in future.
13th December 2017, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir, My daughter DOB is 16.10.2014. FY 2018-19 I want to her join LKG-CBSE, is it is right age to take admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?